Monday, April 23, 2007



Winter Snowfall

I had a minute and thought I would find a pic of a quilt I made to send to Australia with my dd. She went there to visit a friend at the University in Sydney and as payment for her stay I sent her friend a quilt. I asked her what kind of quilt she wanted and she asked for something winter. Well living in Michigan, I immediately thought of snow. So this is my rendition of snow beginning high up in the dark of space all the wan until it covers our ground in the palest of bluish white. The white pinwheels are actually a white on white snowflake fabric. The friend was thrilled (and so was her mom as she is a quilter also!) The first day my dd was there her friend's mom took her to a big quilt show in Sydney and my dd brought me back some lovely fabric from halfway around the world! I have since bought a BOM called "Australia all over", and plan on making it for my dd. I vowed to try to use up a lot of my stash this year and to work on things I bought to do and have not done yet. I still do not have a quilt on my own bed.

My dh told me that I could not make any more quilts for others until he had one on our bed. Two days later he came home from work and told me that one of his friends at work was expecting...TWINS!!! I said that was wonderful. He hmmnned and hawwwed and finally he asked me if I would make quilts for the new babies, and would I use a Noah's Ark pattern? Hahaha, it was kind of funny. I will post pics of the Noah's Ark quilts later. I designed them around a panel and they came out cute.

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Love that blue & white quilt...

Nancy said...

I like the shading in this. And yes it does say "winter" to me.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~