Thursday, August 20, 2009

Christmas Raffle Quilt

Well, life has been proceeding at the speed of, well, life and I have not posted for a few days. The funeral was very nice, in that the person presiding over the service seemed to know grandma quite well and did an excellent job. One of the nicest I've been to I think. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and expressions of sympathy. It really was a celebration of her life.

And as we all know life goes on. The CL's have been working on a quilt for our church's raffle. We don't have to pay to use the room or the storage facility at the church where our quilt group does our work. So when the person in charge of the Christmas craft show approached our group about donating a quilt they could use to raise money we decided this would be a good idea (may let us stay longer that way, you never know). Since it is usually me who decides what we are going to do I was so pleased that the youngest person in our group said she would look for a pattern that we could all agree on. She found a pattern but it was teeny, tiny and so she drafted this version of it. I think you would agree it came out very well.

CL Christmas tree 09
We still need to decide on borders but I am so pleased with how it came out! Her original design. This was from someone that has only been quilting a short time too. I am also very proud of how far she has come! I think I may have to recruit her into my pattern designing desires! I am definately going to write this one up! Maybe under CL Designs? What do you think??

14 comments:

dianne said...

what a lovely tree!

and it looks like all those log cabins blocks might not have been as boring to make as the usual ones (that put me to sleep at the needle) ... very, very nice!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I LOVE that, what a great quilt, yes I would love to see a pattern. I love that the blank section is not just white but also log cabin blocks! Wonderful!!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Your log cabin Christmas tree quilt is beautiful. The designer did a great job! I'm also so sorry for the loss of your Grandma. Many prayers.

Jocelyn said...

So glad to hear that the service went well. I think the hardest thing I ever realized was when my mom passed, that life really does go on. Very cute Christmas quilt.

Marj said...

Yes, I think that you should draft a pattern that could be sold. The quilt turned out beautiful.

allsewnup said...

Now that's inspiring! Bravo ladies and good luck.
Carolyn*

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That is an amazing first pattern! It should be a great quilt for a fund raiser.

G'G'ma said...

Awesome! The bright center squares stand out like lights or balls. I'm sure the craft show organizers will be thrilled to receive the quilt.

Faith said...

That tree is fabulous I love the design, what a great idea, the lady who designed this has certainly got talent and will help the group such a lot. What does CL Designs stand for? arhhh Church Ladies?,,,mmm you need a more classy name,

Allie said...

That is amazing!!!! How beautiful. Love it, Pam!

Terri said...

Very pretty!!

dot said...

Too cute. I really like this.

Searchfamilies said...

Very nice & it looks like Log Cabin Pattern which i love anyway well done i sure it will be very well received & hope that it raises loads of money
Hugs Janice

Karen said...

Beautiful Christmas quilt! I'd think this will go for a good price!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~