Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Fortune Said So

We got Chinese food last night for dinner and this was my fortune:

Fortune

I had to laugh, because my plan for today was to be super productive!
I had a lot to do today and even more to do tomorrow before my surgery on Tuesday. 
So I was up early, and began the wash. 
Then I cleaned up my bedroom, dumped both cat boxes, vacuumed the entire downstairs and did some more laundry. 
The one thing I really wanted to get to today was to cut out the quilt I am pattern testing for Jacquie of Tallgrass Prairie Studio
I am making 2 sizes of the pattern so I got to choose 2 different colorways.
I am totally in love with this color way. 
Not a usual one I would choose but beautiful none the less. 
I can't show the pattern but I can show you the colors! Excited? 
Me too!!

Pink and gray labeled

I even labelled them all so eventually if you want to make one just like mine you will know which colors to run right out and buy! 
OK now I would love to know what you think of this color combo.

I am so proud of myself for getting lots of things ready for myself to do while I am recovering! 
I have loads of bindings to do, and 3 quilts to sew together! 
I ordered some books to read and a couple of new magazines are on their way here too.
I am considering getting the Game of Thrones books too. 
Anyone read them?

I just got home from practicing Zumba with my instructor and am really sweaty so need to shower and do a few more things then bed.
DH even had home made chicken noodle soup and home made biscuits waiting for me when I got home, 
YUM!!
Have a wonderful evening!!

~XOP


5 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your fabrics for the quilt for Jacquie looks so pretty. Can't wait to see it.

heartsease54 said...

I have read the Game of Thrones series. Still have to finish the latest, but I am waiting because there will be at least 1 more after A Dance with Dragons, if not 2. There are a LOT of characters in them and they are thick books-but I liked them.

Teresa in Music City said...

Love the colors - can't wait to see what you do with them! I'm reading Game of Thrones - mid-way through the second one right now. They're great! Very detailed but I kinda like that in a good book. Have you seen the HBO series? I've watched a few and they are very close to the books.

Crispy said...

I'm lovin' all the colors (HEY, where's the aqua? LOL) I'll be sending you good vibes tomorrow, take care of yourself!!

Crispy

Brenda said...

For goodness sake. You are the second blogger I follow that had a husband cook her home made chicken soup this week. I need to point it out to my hubs. I do not use just solids, so far, so I cannot comment yet on your colors I think I will need to see the end project. Cannot wait! I watched the series last year of Game of Thrones and enjoyed it. Hubs has the first book I believe but has not read it yet.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~