Friday, June 15, 2018

Fri-YAY!

I am SO happy it is Friday (Fri-YAY!). 
It's been a long week back to work after all that enforced time off. 
 I tried to get a few things done while home but there is always more to do, right?  

I used my Binding Buddy (you can get one here) to spool my binding on.  
I made the binding for the first wedding quilt. 
 I LOVE the Binding Buddy.  
No more binding dragging on the ground getting covered in cat hair or threads!  
WOO HOO
Just slip one end in the crack, and twist using the head to spool the binding on the spool.
When ready to use, put her on a vertical spool pin and sew on your binding.
It will un-spool as you sew.  
So COOL!


I'm participating in a Tula Granny Square challenge group. 
 Each month we are given a challenge.  
The center (or baby) of the block was given to each of us by the organizer.  
Then each month she issues us a challenge.  
You are only allowed to use Tula fabric or solids.  
This month the challenge was to use pink in the block.  
Finn was "helping".


He is DYING with my husband out of the country, for attention!


He is adorable but it sure makes it difficult to sew!


Here is my block.  
Baby is from Nest, Mama is from Slow and Steady and Grandma is from Nest.
Pink was my background.


I have the weekend to myself and I can't wait!  
I do have a bridal shower to go to tomorrow and a visit at the funeral home tonight.  
My plan is to make some dish towels tonight, for the shower tomorrow. 
 I also have another gift.  Then, to work on the components for Paula's traveling quilt center. 
 I am excited to begin that.  

What are you up to this weekend?  

~XOP~



1 comments:

mtquilter said...

I've been thinking of getting the Binding Babies for Christmas gifts but wasn't sure if they were truly useful or just another gadget that would never get used. Glad to know that you like it.
Love the granny square block. I never could crochet those darn things. Quilted ones are much nicer! Glad you have such a nice helper. You might not
get things done as quickly but he sure is cute.
Enjoy your weekend!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~