Friday, September 21, 2018

Catching Up

I realize that I have not posted in awhile.  
We went camping and my time was consumed with preparing to go and then the actual camping. 
 It was glorious!  
Makes me want to retire even sooner.  
We did manage to set a tentative date for my retirement, and I am so excited about that.  
June 1, 2020.  

OK on to our camping trip.  We camped at a campground in Standish, MI.  LOVED this place.

Of course we traveled with the cats.  
This was my favorite photo of Finny and my husband on the drive to the campground.



Cole preferred the console.


Here we are all set up.  You can see the pet tent in the foreground.  
That's what we put the cats in when we want them to be outside with us.


Thanks to my sweet BIL and SIL for the Spartan mat!  We really could have used 2 of these.  
There was not much grass and lots of sand.  I implemented a take your shoes off at the door policy.


You can see the truck in this photo too.


 A quick shot of the inside of the camper.  
You can see that white table where the dinette table should be, that's my sewing table.


We took the dinette table and used it for a cat coffee table.


We visited Northwoods SEVERAL times and found this woodsy friend.


I did manage to squeeze in a quilt shop.  It was called Bittersweet and was located in Pinconning MI.


You can see the beautiful stained glass windows as this is in an old church!


Really nice shop and really nice staff!


I found some Coral Queen of the Sea.


I also picked up some of this sparkly MSU fabric and that most adorable black cat fabrics!


I brought a quilt along that I needed to bind.  I can't really show it just yet because it is a gift.  
Cole is always near when I am binding. 


Finn seemed to like hanging out on the steps.


I throughly enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pools.  
So did Chris (see him to the left of my feet?)
During the week they have a water aerobics class every day. 
 The second week they started a walking DVD, although the first day it was Zumba gold 
(which I ended up doing alone as the other ladies could not keep up with the tape).  
After years of doing regular Zumba this seemed pretty tame to me, but I still enjoyed it! 
 I could really get into that!


We made friends with the couple camping next to us.  
It was interesting, they also own an NFC, like Finn.  She works for MSU and is a quilter!!!  
I think we will stay in touch with Kay and Guy for future camping trips 
as they are in the same camping network as we are. 
This was on a heyride one afternoon.


We went out for dinner with them one night then stopped for ice cream.  
Another night Chris and I checked out this adorable cheese chop.  
There was another large mouse in the parking lot, but this one was on the roof.


Sadly our trip did come to a close as we headed home on Tuesday afternoon.  


We had so much fun!
I think we have one more trip planned before we winterize the camper.

Enjoy your weekend!

~XOP~



3 comments:

Gail Maybee said...

Sounds like fun. I have wanted to check out Bittersweet for a few years now. I retired two years ago, but my husband has 1 1/2 years before he retires.

Shirley said...

Your cats are so adorable! I love seeing the photos of them traveling. I think it is safe to say your husband is Finn's person. It is wonderful that both cats are such good travelers.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Love that area. oh Northwoods store!!! Try out Turkey Roost sometime.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~