Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Cocoa's Pillow Cover

My friend lost her chocolate lab recently.  
They had her for a long time and she became ill recently.  
They tried everything they could to determine what was wrong but 
none of the vets could diagnose the problem.  
She continued to decline and recently lost her battle.  
My friend was so distraught.  
It is never easy to lose a pet no matter how long they are part of your life.  
So, of course, I decided I needed to make something to commemorate her Cocoa.
I made this pillow cover!


I really liked that I could use the "love" fabric for the background.


I think this is the entire extent of my dark brown fabrics in my stash too!


 Of course Cole was modeling the backing which matches Cocoa's bandana.


Finn was under the table tormenting him.  LOL


I gifted it today and she loved it!

~XOP~




5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So cute!

Bettina Groh said...

Marvelous... wish I were good enough to make my daughter something similar for her recently deceased black and white hound Chloe...

Ioleen said...

That’s really cute! A very nice thing to do.

Judy in Michigan said...

Beautiful just like your friendship with her. Is this your pattern or a purchased pattern? I would like to make one for our friend. Leaves starting to turn already up here. Come on up!

chrisknits said...

My SIL just lost her chocolate lab Cocoa last month. What a wonderful memory piece for your friend. And that cat pillow, Adorable!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~