Monday, November 26, 2018

Sew Beachy 2018

I was fortunate enough to attend the annual Sew Beachy quilt retreat again this year. 
 It is held at Saylor's Sand Castle on the beach in Ventura county California. 
 There is a large group of women that get together and hang out and sew.  
I brought a few smaller projects with me to work on in hopes that I would actually get something done while I was there this year 
(other than seeing my friends again).

Before we hit the beach I spent the night with my friend and her kids. 
It is always so nice to see them!



 My friend, Traci discovered Randy's Doughnuts.  
OM gosh it was Heaven!  
I have not eaten a doughnut in years, literally years.  


Then BAM, Randy's apple fritters appeared!


We arrived to the beach and this was the view to the left of the house,


and the right of the house.


So different from Michigan in November lol.  This is a view of the house, with my back to the ocean.


We also had the most gorgeous sunsets!


The one project I really wanted to get done was the make 4 first aid kits.  
I will fill them with first aid things and give them for Christmas to my kids to keep in their cars.  Believe it or not this took all day and all night 
(for me who is not a bag sewist).


 They turned out pretty cute but I am beyond happy to have them finished!


I also made thirty gazillion HST and trimmed them down.  
I managed to sew 9 blocks together from them too!

I was using the left overs from some other blocks that I made.  The pattern is called broken dishes.


I brought Jack and he was hanging out with my friends all weekend too.


He and Traci had a heart to heart.


He just loved working with Melanie.


Very chill with Jamie, (maybe she shared her rum punch with him?)


Michelle was sad to see us leave.  We were sad to leave too.


Paula gave him a cuddle.


I'm pretty sure the ladies in the hot tub loved having him around.  (Patti, Peggy Katie and Jamie)


Jack is a lover as Rachel found out!


This was the sunrise on our last day there.  So much fun!


I hope to be able to attend next year too.  Sew Beachy 2019 YASSSS!

~XOP~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~