Thursday, February 07, 2019

Neverland Quilts

I have been wanting to make this quilt for some time now.  
I finally have a reason to make it, YAY!  
My daughter's best friend is expecting twin girls and I need to make 2 quilts.  
I decided I would make them different but use the same fabrics.  
I am using the Neverland line from Riley Blake.  
The colors are very soft and beautiful.  
I matched a few other plainer fabrics to this and got what I needed to make 2 baby quilts.


The very first pattern I thought of is the Meadowland pattern by Then Came June.  
As it turns out it was a really easy pattern to follow and 
comes together pretty quickly once you figure it out.  
I have directional fabrics in this line so the flying geese were a bit of a challenge but I got there. 
 If you want to make a Meadowland quilt too you can find the pattern right here.

I will show you my blocks so far.  
I have all 12 finished for the quilt but have not had time to assemble it yet.













I didn't have a mosaic maker that would do 12 but here are the first 9 all together.
There is no sashing in this quilt.

I love how this looks.
I bought a Tinkerbell fabric in gray for the backing.
I don't have it yet but will show you once I do.


I will show you the other one once I make some more progress on it.

I am using the Starbreak pattern from the Fort Worth Fabric Studio.

If you want to make one you can find the free pattern here.

I began with a FQB and a few "companion" fabrics and 
had more than enough to make BOTH baby quilts!  

I do have the stars from the Starbreak pattern done.

I found the CUTEST coloring book page to use for the labels!
I am working on the embroidery for them so will show you when they are both finished.

I am off to a local quilt retreat today and will be back home on Sunday.
I am hoping to have 4 count them 4 baby quilt tops finished by the time I get home!!

I like to sew the label into the back rathe than sew it on after I get the quilt back from the quilter.
That means I have to wait for the baby to be born to add the name and DOB.

I try to embroider as much as I can on the labels.
If it is just words that is a bit more difficult.
I can usually get a all word one done in a couple of nights though.  
It just means the baby won't get the quilt right away, but I am so much happier with the look.

Have a great weekend and stay tuned.

I will be posting on Instagram as I work this weekend.
If you want to watch my progress please find me at 

@mamaspark59

Happy Stitching!

~XOP~




7 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Pam Congratulations on the twins. I love the fabric choice and can't wait to see these both done.

Terry said...

Congratulations. That material is so sweet.

Dolores said...

Lovely fabrics for little girl quilts. I love making baby quilts.

Linda said...

I am so in love with that fabric, and the Meadowland pattern is perfect for it. Can't wait to choose fabrics and start my own.
Thanks for the link to the Starbreak pattern.
I'm sure your daughter's friend will be thrilled and won't mind waiting for the names and DOB on the labels.

Bettina Groh said...

Lucky little twins!! These quilts will be fantastic...Hope your weather is better than ours. But ours is great for staying home and working on WIPs !

OhioLori said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love what you're makin with Neverland! Love that collection! Can't wait to see all finished! Blessed lil' twins!!

JJ said...

I like the pattern and the fabric. I am sure the new mom will love them.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~