I am a part of a group of women that are working on a set of traveling quilts.
There are 5 of us in the group.
I have 2 more of the quilts to work on.
I received Mel's quilt in December and am finally getting it out today! PHEW!
Sorry for that delay, Mel.
Her theme is rainbow.
She made the center and then sent it off for us to add to it.
I had some ideas so finally had time to play with it.
I selected these fabrics to use in a Migrating Geese formation for the side of the quilt.
I used the technique sheet from Deb Tucker.
If you need to make some MG too you can find the sheet available for purchase here.
It was not a difficult technique but you did need to pay attention and mark where she tells you.
This is what the quilt looked like when I received it.
I realized that I didn't take any photos of the triangles I put at the top.
I did 2" strips into sets then cut out the triangle.
I cut a matching triangle out of the white and sewed them together.
I was just going to do triangles but decided it didn't add enough height
so turned them into diamonds.
I reversed the colors to form half of the diamond then
put them together with their counter part color.
I am pretty happy with my additions.
You can also see the migrating geese on the right. Great technique and I will use this one again.
I did my bee blocks for January and came to the conclusion that I needed to leave the bee.
I loved this month's blocks though and can't wait to see what the quilt looks like.
I have more to share but am out of time. Stop back for more tomorrow!