Thursday, June 27, 2019

Another Minky Quilt

See, I told you I have been busy, LOL.  
I just have not been able to post anything I have been doing.

A co-worker and his wife had a baby and they needed a quilt for their baby.  
He has been very ill having been born with the inability to digest proteins.  
My friend that let me use her scraps and I work together so when were were brainstorming I said I would use the second quilt I have cut out if she would quilt and bind it.  
I was going to squeeze it in before I left for NC.  
Because, we all know, I had nothing else to do before I left, right??

I did manage to sew it together in one night and bring it to work the day before I was leaving.  
Robin not only quilted and bound it, but she also made an adorable label for the back.

This is the front.  All made of Minky!


She used some of this flannel for the back and bound it in flannel.


Here is the label.


I am totally out of Minky scraps now.  Send more!  5" squares and 9" squares please, all accepted! 
 It was so nice to have such a fun little quilt all cut and ready to sew when the need arose!  

I am currently saving my flannel scraps and cutting them to usable sizes too.  
I see a scrappy flannel baby quilt in my future too.  
You can feel free to send 5" -12" scraps of those too!  LMK if you need my address! = )

What do you do with your Minky scraps or flannel scraps?

~XOP~




2 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

I have made a few quilts with a panel (not a big panel) and surrounded it with flannel "bricks" which are just rectangles. You just sew the rectangles end to end and then form a frame around the panel. Fast and easy and uses up some odd scraps. Bricks can be formed with smaller scraps to get a similar size brick. Nice chatting with you this morning.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That turned out so nicely! Love the label!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~