Tuesday, June 18, 2019

NC Trip Part 1

I know that I have been quiet for awhile now.  
Babies have been born and their quilts delivered so I can NOW talk about that.  
Bridal shower gifts have been given so NOW I can talk about that too.  
This week will be several posts catching up on all of this activity.

 Breakfast (at the DTW airport) was Chick-Fillet. 
It's the only place I know of with a Chick-Fillet in MI.


My friend, Bea, (from Bea Quilter) picked me up from the airport and
 we headed to Brixx Pizza for lunch.


 I got the chicken BBQ pizza and she got Hawaiian.  It was such good pizza!


Then we went to 3 quilt shops.  We both forgot to get a pic at Wish Upon a Quilt = /
Then we went to Bernina World of Sewing.



 Next up was the Cary quilt shop.  OMGosh!  
This shop used to be in a little house and now it is in a HUGE store!!! 
 By far my most favorite shop.  




Of course I found things to buy!  
I have not taken any photos of those things yet, but will share once I do.

Kelsey and I went and had a pedicure and ran some wedding errands on Thursday.


We went out for dinner at Dame's Chicken and Waffles in Durham that night


This was my dinner.  
Kelsey got the sweet potato waffles and they were even better than the regular ones!!


Managed a quick pic in the park on the way back to the car.


Friday found us packing up and heading to Brevard to see Nick's family and get ready for the shower.
I had to wrap my gifts and Mitch supervised.  
He does NOT like me, LOL.  
You all know how much I love cats and most cats like me too.  


I wish he was friendlier, but Max, their dog, makes up for it.  He does some amazing tricks.


We got a photo of most of the family (Nick's brother, Austin was missing).  
We grilled and had a nice dinner and visit with the family.


The entertainment for the evening was when we all went on the front porch and 
took turns target shooting.  
My daughter hit the can every time!  Even the grandma's took a turn.


This is getting a little long so I will post about the shower later.

~XOP~




1 comments:

beaquilter said...

It was so nice to see you! And sounds like a nice trip.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~