Monday, June 24, 2019

Knights and Dragons

I'm back!  
I have a few things to catch you all up on and one of them is the knight and dragon quilt
 I made for a sweet little boy named Warner.  
His mama is a good friend of my daughter's.  
You may recall the fish quilt I made for their first little boy. 
 It is still one of my favorites that I ever made.

I wanted something a little quicker as 
I have been much busier this year so opted for the knight and dragon quilt.  
The original quilt was just for the strips of fabric to be sewn together, but that seemed so plain. 
 I inserted a paper pieced dragon into the quilt and hung some pennants/flags like you would see around a castle and viola, my version of the knight and dragon quilt!


 I used matching Minky on the back.


I just love how this turned out. 
 So much so that I should buy more of this fabric line!  
Or I guess there are always knight and dragon fabrics out there right?


 I think he liked it too!



This is destined to become a go to baby quilt!

I made a similar one for my great nephew but used a different dragon pattern.

I guess I have used multiple dragon/knight fabric lines to make these!

~XOP~




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~