Awhile ago, last summer, I decided I wanted to make a Minky quilt from scraps.
I asked my friend if she would let me take from her scraps and combined with my own.
I designed a little quilt and cut out LOADS of Minky.
I cut out 3 of these quilts!
I kept 2 and I gave one to my friend who gave me her scrap Minky to play with.
I thought that a fuzzy front would be so fun AND decided to use a satin for the back!!!
Talk about sensory overload!
My niece was expecting at the beginning of June so this one was for her new baby.
They knew they were having a girl.
Of the 3 quilts I cut out 1 was def girly and the other 2 were more unisex.
I thought it was so cute. Not that much to look at but I love it.
This was before it was quilted.
I had my friend that has a long arm do the quilting.
I was going to try to fold the back around for the binding but the quilting went off the edge.
That made it really difficult so I opted to just machine bind it and
used a wavy stitch to hold the binding in place.
You can see the whole top all quilted up in his photo.
I wanted a special label so decided to embroider a Caticorn.
I used a fusible I could sew to the front, and sewed all the way around.
I cut an X in the web and turned it right side to, then pressed it to the quilt back.
I decided to blanket stitch all the way around to secure it to the back.
I LOVE how this came out too!!!
Simply purrrrfect! I think little miss Zoey seems to like it too.