Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Wedding Week Festivities

I have SO much to share with all of you.  
We left for NC last week.  
We stopped part way down at the Skyline Resort for the night on Sunday night.  
This was our view from our room.



We arrived in time for me to go to Kelsey's final dress fitting.  


The lace was a topper and the blush skirt was put on over the dress.


The belt went over both and tied in the back.




I made the veil out of some tulle and hand stitched it to a comb.  
We ended up cutting off one layer so that the back was more visible.


The rest of the next few days were a blur, to be honest.  
We had a lot to do and it was so much fun!

We all met up and went out for dinner on on Tuesday night too.




Kelsey, her friend Jess, her future MIL, Julie and I all went to get our nails done.  
Kelsey had a Bride shirt and Julie and I had Mother of the Groom or Mother of the Bride shirts on.


Jess was so funny.
Everything tickled her feet!


Can you guess who's toes are who's?



Such a fun day!


Thursday afternoon we had the rehearsal.  We all needed LOTS of practice!


Kelsey and her MOH, Amy.


I guess we cleaned up pretty well!


Future Mr and Mrs and the officiant, Tom.


Nick's 2 brothers on the left and my son on the right.


MOB and MOG hanging out at the rehearsal.


All our boys, Nick, his dad, Rick, his brothers Cam and Austin and my son Thadd.


Our little flag waver, Jack and his mom, Kara, both in the wedding.


Practice giving the bride away.

 Time for the vows.


MOH and sister watching and listening


Recessional.


Rehearsal dinner was at a place called The Pitt.  
REALLY great food.  
Rick and Julie put on a fabulous party to celebrate the kids!  
The 2 on the right are my sister and her friend.  On the left my oldest daughter and her hubby.


Just LOOK at that food!!  SO GOOD!!


Bride and Groom to be and Kara, a bridesmaid


 Food line!


This is what it looked like inside and there was an outside too.  
After the dinner we all moved outside for live music and drinks.


My crew plus our family and family friend with all the bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts


MOG and MOB


My In-Laws that came all the way from Florida to NC to celebrate with us!


My sister and her BF.  
They flew all the way from Grand Rapids, MI to NC by themselves.  
I was not sure how that would go but American did a fine job getting the 2 of them to the party!


This is super photo heavy so I am going to stop here for the minute. 
I will add more as soon as I have a few more minutes.
Trying to catch up with work too.

Hope you are enjoying the preview of the wedding though.

~XOP~



3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Congratulations and thank you for sharing all these special moments. Her dress was fabulous, and you looked gorgeous.

Juliana said...

This is just a lovely time for all of you. Thank you for sharing all these special memories with us. Congratulations!

beaquilter said...

Congratulations again and I hope you are back home and have recovered...good to see you again

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~