Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Happy New Year and Welcome Back

Hey there, long time no see!  
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and break from work! 
I was able to be off for a couple of weeks and it was glorious.  
I certainly recharged my batteries as I know I was feeling a little bit run down.  
Ah now to catch you up. 
 I gifted some things over the holidays that I was not able to talk about previously
 so will start with those.

My SIL, Ann, has asked me for a quilt for a LONG time.  
I kept asking her if she had a baby or got married but sadly, she did not.  
She did, however turn 50 in October. 
Eventually, I would like to make quilts for all of my husband's siblings.  
I have now finished 3 out of 6 (not counting us). 
 I am not rushing to do this it is just whenever it happens to work in my schedule 
and the timing is right.
So, Ann's favorite color is purple. 
 Her house is not decorated in purple but I decided to make her a violently purple quilt. 
I even used royal purple minky for the back of this quilt.  
Do you remember the shooting stars quilt I was working on?  
Well, that one was for Ann.


You can see the backing up close in this photo.


My husband's family gets together on Christmas eve so 
I brought it with me on Christmas eve to give to her.  I think her face says it all.



We had so much fun on Christmas Eve. 
 It is super fun when BIG families get together.
My family grew by one this year.  
Not pictured are my eldest daughter and husband.


First Christmas together


MANY Christmas seasons together, LOL



 We have many great nieces and nephews.  
Not all of them were present (and the 2 bigger girls are actually nieces)


This is *most* of our nieces and nephews and spouses.  


I have more to share about Christmas but so many photos with that one
that I will make a separate post so stay tuned!

Thank you to Mark and Jackie for hosting another wonderful Christmas eve for our family!

~XOP~


3 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

Love *the colour purple* - (couldn't resist saying that film name haha) - and a great looking quilt :)

Dots said...

You have a huge family. The kids are so cute! Looks like the purple worked! She sure looked happy. I think that is a beautiful quilt. She will keep that forever. All your quits are great.

Bettina Groh said...

glad to have you back!!! Great family!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~