Monday, January 20, 2020

The Peacock Diaper Tutorial Is Finished!

I know you have all secretly been hoping that I would make a tutorial and pattern 
so you can make your own peafowl diapers, haven't you?  
Well then, it is your lucky day!  
My daughter and I worked on this over the weekend.  
(Mostly because I don't have time to make them for everyone that has asked and 
this will allow them to make their own).  

The actual tutorial is hosted over on my daughter's blog on Tumblr.  
It is called Guardian's Vigil and you can find the master post right HERE.  
She came over on Friday after work and I made the (hopefully)
last one for sale and we documented the process.  
I have drawn pattern pieces for the pouches and the flaps which she has posted along with the measurements for the straps etc.  

This is a photo of one of her birds wearing one of the diapers I made her.


She has a very important disclaimer that we are not responsible 
for any issues with the birds wearing the diapers.  
Make and use at your own risk, basically.  
She has not had trouble with any of the ones I have made but 
I have tailor made them to her exact birds 
(ie, the bird comes with her to my home and we fit the diaper directly to that bird and make the adjustments right then and there).  

All that being said, here are a few shots of me trying to work.  
Cole was "helping" us.  
The purple diaper was the last one I made for one of her young birds.  
Surprisingly, the Kaffe didn't hold up very well.  
Good old Kona cotton seemed to be the best!





Eventually Finn joined in (pardon the messy sewing room).



JIC you have not seen a peafowl diaper all finished, this is what they look like.  
This is for an adult bird.  Front and back.


If you go to her blog, you will be able to read all about the process in excruciating detail.  
I had to write as if the people making them had ZERO sewing knowledge.  

If you are here and need questions answered about how to make the diaper, my email address is 

mamaspark@gmail.com

If you are not here for questions, I hope you enjoyed the cat pics = )

~XOP~




1 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoyed the cat pics.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~