Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Baby Quilt

 I was trying to decide what project to begin and looking at the scraps from the crib sheets. 
 I found I had enough of the giraffe scraps to add a few more fabrics to and
 voila, a baby quilt was born!  
I added 2 more colors, found backing in my stash (a really soft yellow plush), put some batting scraps together and quilted it myself.  
I love using stuff from my stash don't you?
I chose a soft purple and a light gray.
There is a pale purple in the giraffe fabric.


All bordered, quilted, and bound!


This yellow was so lush.
  I had bought it as a remnant. 
 I *just* managed to eek it out of this backing.
I used the same piece for a back on the doll quilt I made.


I used one of my iron on quilt labels.  
It is now ready to gift.


I will be sending this one to a friend of my daughter's that just had a little girl. 
 I will send that crib sheet with it as well as a self binding blanket, some burp cloths and a teether.


Next one to tackle is the Bjorn Bear quilt I cut out before my surgery.

~XOP~



2 comments:

Sharlyn said...

Adorable quilt! Yes I love being able to find what I need from my stash. Kinda justifies filling it up, 😂

Bettina Groh said...

The quilt is great... love the little giraffes!! But how are you??!!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~