Friday, March 11, 2022

Loose Ends

I have some good news to report. 
 My surgery, lumpectomy, has been scheduled for next Friday, March 18.  
I have a lot to do before then!  
We saw the surgeon on Tuesday and I feel much better about my choice.  
We were waiting for the HER2 results to come back and they were negative. 
 Now if my lymph nodes are  also negative I think I may be able to skip chemo and just do radiation!  Please pray for negative nodes!!

Back to sewing stuff.  
My friend, Kailie, sent me the cutest pattern to make purse tissue covers.
  I can not even believe how quick these are to make! 
 I think I made 5 in a matter of 20 minutes or less!  
Very addicting and a good way to use up larger scraps.
This is the first one I made.


I finished my Lyric top and got the backing in.
Unfortunately, it had holes along the edges.
I was able to cut off the parts along the edges that had the holes.
They were about 10" into the fabric.
They sent me another piece so now I have what I needed for that quilt and enough for another back.
These holes were SO tiny, I am so glad I even noticed them.  
I was folding the fabric and was holding it up with the window light behind otherwise I don't think I would have even seen them!
Good reminder to check your fabric before you use it.


The holes are perfectly round, like they were punched out or something.
The fabric is a lawn as I wanted this to be a lightweight summer quilt.


I did finish my Sparrows quilt top too.
I have to say this is one of the most well written patterns I have even used.
If you have not made one you should.
I LOVED making it and hope to make at least one more.
Please excuse the poor lighting I took it at night.


The triangles are the most delicious berry color.

That's it for today.
Feeling the stress of getting my house cleaned and some quilts cut out before surgery.
I don't think I will be able to cut much after so I want to get at least one quilt cut out before.

I will keep you all posted.

~XOP~



8 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

definitely praying for negative nodes!!! Bob is also crossing his fingers.
I love the sparrows. I watched a machine putting fabric on the cardboards for stores and think it held the fabric taught while it folded it in half... maybe that's where the holes came from.

Mary-Kay said...

I bet you feel better knowing the date of your surgery. I pray all turns out great!

Charlotte M. said...

I did the same thing. Clean and prep projects. Hand projects are also good, in case you don't feel like sitting at a sewing machine. That is some beautiful fabric.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Negative node vibes coming your way!!! You got this Pam!

beth said...

Ok, I knew between God and us (lots of us) the news would be positive. Who would tell an army of quilters bad news? We are strong for you. Need a sign from God, I have 2 inches of snow on the ground now and I live in the South. Bless you. Oh, where do we find sparrows pattern?

Judy in Michigan said...

So happy to hear the good news. I will continue to pray for all good results and to your continued good health!! Hugs.

Lynda said...

So happy for you - wish that I had been so lucky - I start my agressive Chemo treatments in two weeks - not looking forward to it.

Mama Spark said...

Beth,
I don't have an email address for you but the pattern is by Pen and Paper patterns. I put a link to her website in this post.
~Pam

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~