Thursday, April 06, 2023

Hedgehog Quilts

I tested a pattern for Meags and Me called Lil Nugget.
It is hedgehogs and pinwheels.
The hedgies are machine embroidered and oh so adorable.
I used the Summersault fabric line by Erin McMorris.
It is an older line but so bright and cheery.




I decided that I was going to try and use up stash fabrics for some of these test quilts.
I did not have enough of any one Minky so I put these 2 together.
I loved the rainbow as it matched the colors on the front so well.
I split the rainbow and inserted the bumpy Minky between the rainbows.
I think it came out pretty cute and used up my stash.
win-win.


I had 5 embroidered hedgies and some bright pink, Minky left over, so voila, a small quilt.
I put a pink flannel with white dots around it for a border.
I had a bright pink bumpy minky in my stash for the back.
Another win!
 

I had my daughter drop off both of these, another baby quilt and a wedding quilt with my LAQ.
I am not sure how I want the hedgehog/pinwheel quilt quilted.

These hegies are so cute and were very fun to make,
as you can tell since I had some left overs!

Do you have a favorite hedgie?

~XOP~



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~