Monday, January 21, 2008

Seattle 08

So I will be spending some time talking about the trip to Seattle.  I arrived at the airport around 2pm.  DH picked me up and we headed to our hotel, The Inn at Gig Harbor.  It was such a nice place.  We had to cross over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge to get there.  We stopped once we got across the bridge so I could take a few pictures.

After unloading the car we drove to Gig Harbor, the town.  I thought this statue on the harbor was interesting.
Here is a view looking across the harbor.
I was totally fascinated by these unusual star fish.  I apologize for the image, but it was very gray outside and getting dark, so this is what I got.
Of course, we went to the local quilt shop and it was so nice.  The people were very friendly and I bought a little bit.  I tried to be restrained and I did pretty well.  It was called the Harbor Quilt Shop
You really should stop by and visit.  

Here is the view out of my hotel window.  It is the Olympic mountain range.  Dh told me that in all the times he has been there this was the first time he was able to see it!  I guess they were just showing off for me!! 
I will post more later.  I have a LOT of pictures and information to share. I didn't forget about the drawing and I did pick up some goodies while away for the winner.

1 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I think you are right: I should go to Seattle. I can't wait to see more of your beautiful pictures.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~