Thursday, April 04, 2013

Japanese X and + Blocks

My friend, Robin has decided to make a baby quilt using the Japanese X and + blocks as seen here
The nursery will be purple and gray.  
So she went out looking for those colors plus some aqua and a touch of gold.  
She found some great diaper holders with owls on them in those colors
 so she used that as the basis of her quilt.  
She just took off and went on a shopping spree and her blocks are SWEET! 
 She also decided that since the people have a black cat there should be black cats in the blocks too.  THEN, it became an Owl and the Pussycat theme! 

 It's interesting how these things evolve isn't it?  
She doesn't have a blog and so I asked her if I could share the blocks she has done so far on my blog. 
 You are in for a treat.  
Sit back and enjoy the eye candy!!

This is my favorite grouping of blocks. Especially that one on the lower left corner with all those black kitties!


Love those pearl bracelets


I think the owls in the tree are GREAT!
Loving those Alexander Henry owls, and the gray seed heads too!


Neptune and Nest?  Fantastic!


Tula's snail and turtle look great in there too.


I like that spikey fabric in purple and also in gray.
Do I spy Heather Ross mice in there too??
Owls with clock tummies???


Who  knew there was so much owl fabric out there?


This is the kitty fabric the cats came from in that block I love so much.


There are still a few more blocks to go and some black cat fabric to arrive to make them. 
 I will share the rest, if I can, when they are finished too.  

Aren't these great?? 
 I have loved this block for a long time and 
seeing all these adorable blocks makes me want to stop everything and make them right now!! 
 LOL!

Have you made a quilt using these blocks?  
Maybe we should do a QAL using them.
What do you think???

~XOP~


11 comments:

MB in MI said...

Love these blocks also. Your friend's quilt will be amazing!

Shanna said...

Oh I just love it! Very nice colours too. Ah yes, another tempting item (although I have to admit I already pinterested the block and you are just making my itchy fingers twitch a bit more, lol)So now I am going to have to add this to my to do sooner list! Thanks for sharing!

beaquilter said...

drool! these blocks are awesome..... good scrap buster?!
going to play in EQ with these I think... how big is the block?

Sara said...

She is having a great time I see! These are fabulous!

Crazyquiltgirl said...

These are adorable. I love all of the owls and I love the cat fabric!

Teresa in Music City said...

How cute is that little baby quilt going to be?!? I love each and every block! Your friend has great taste in fabrics :*) I MUST have some of that black kitty fabric! Even the selvedge is cute with the kitties dancing in a line :*D

Crispy said...

She's done an amazing job on these blocks. This design would make a great I Spy quilt :0)

Crispy

barb said...

This quilt is so pretty!! You should make kits for your followers to purchase. Hint hint babscorbitt@gmail.com

~Diana said...

Love all the "fussy cutting" she's done with this quilt...baby will love it. YES on the QAL! :)

Judy said...

Those are fabulous! What awesome blocks! Love them. That first set with the purple Pearl bracelet, it looks like a string of pearls thrown over the arm there. It's really cool. I love these.

Anonymous said...

great

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~