Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spinning Stars Bee Blocks

For my Ima Bee block commitment for April we were asked to make 
Anna Mara Horner's Spinning Stars blocks.  
You can find the pattern here if you want to make some too.
  It is a beautiful block.  
A little fussy to make but beautiful when all finished. 
 This would be great using Munki Munki fabric. 
 I really don't like using paper templates
. I would like it if there were a plastic set of templates I could have just cut around! 
 It took way more time to cut out then to make.
Also since the block uses templates it would have been nice to know the size,
so you would know if your templates printed out the right size.
If you want to make one just email me and I will tell you those measurements.
There were a few little tricks to putting the block together too.
 I really love my blocks though, so pretty!

This was the first block I made and I like it a lot.  Notice the NYC subway print?  


I did experience a little bit of user error while making these, LOL. 
 I did not read the template for the C part very carefully and ended up re-cutting some of those.  



A beautiful block to file away for future use for sure! 

 They are HUGE blocks too. 
 18", but relatively east to put together and to get to match up too. 

 LMK if you give these a try, I would like to see your version.

~XOP~


5 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your block. I like that size too. Thanks for the link.

Katie M. said...

Thank you for the link. I will have to give these a try....

Crispy said...

Wow you did a wonderful job of matching all those seams!! Interesting block too :0)

Crispy

Sara said...

I like the white with all those bright happy colors. Pretty, pretty!

Faith said...

I love those blocks Pam this looks really really hard to do x

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~