Monday, August 18, 2014

Celebrating Turning 80

My FIL turns 80 in September. 
 We had a party for him this past weekend. 
 It was at my BIL's house on the lake which was nice.  
There are 7 kids in my husband's family and everyone was able to make it.  
Not all the grand children were there but all the children were. 
It is a big, crazy, fun family to be a part of.  

When I woke up on Sat I decided that I needed to make something to bring as a gift 
(even though it was supposed to be no gifts).
  You know, just something small. 
 I decided on coasters.  
I found a great tutorial here on how to make wonky coasters and I was off. 
 I had left over strips from the napkins so thought this would be a way to use some up. 
 Here are the finished coasters.  


It took me about 2 hours to make a set of 8.
I really love how they came out too!


So here is the original family


Just the sisters


Just the brothers


How was your weekend??

~XOP~


3 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh how fun! Such a nice big family. Love the coasters.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Super idea, I know they say no gifts but you have to bring something.

margaret said...

what a lovely get together and the wonky mats have worked very well

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~