Wednesday, February 14, 2018

WIPs With Friends

I did an amazing amount of sewing this past weekend!
 YAY for lazy weekends.  
Am I right?

As I may have stated previously, I set up a spread sheet with
 monthly goals between myself and some of my friends.  
I have finished most of my February goals!  
Woo Hoo!  
Here we go.

One of the goals was to make 2 of the blocks from the Year of Scrappy Triangles. 
 I decided to make them starting with the first pattern.  
I have an old WIP that needs borders so these will turn into the borders for that quilt.


I managed to finish the Chubby Chicks quilt top!!!  
That has been in a box for a very long time!
When I opened the box and started on it again, 
everything was cut out and only the chicks were fused.


This is such a darling quilt.  
Couldn't you see this using Bonnie and Camille fabrics??


Since I am *trying* to sew from my stash I found this beautiful vintage sheet to use for the back.


I had one chick and one pinwheel left over, so I made another of each.  
I decided to make a pillow out of these left overs. 
 I wanted to add rick rack.  
I tired yellow, green and orange (it's the colors I had) and I was so not sure. 
 I ended up taking a picture of each and ended up liking the orange so much better!  
This is the project I was trying to quilt that Cole was "helping" me with.  

In case you are wondering, I used some Grabaroos gloves to do both the outlining and the quilting.  They make BOTH of these things so much easier! 
 You can find them here.  
They are amazing!


I need to trim it and make the envelope back next. 
 I will measure the quilt backing and hope to be able to use the same fabric for the back of the pillow.  I will follow Amanda Jean's directions for making the envelope back.

I will be linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts.

Now it is your turn. 
 PLEASE link up what you are working on, or something you have finished.  
It may be any project not just restricted to quilts.


~XOP~




5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute little birdies

dianne said...

those chubby chicks are SO cute!!! well done!

mtquilter said...

So nice to check things off the list. Love the chubby chicks. Sew cute!

Bettina Groh said...

love the chick quilt and pillow!!!

Karen said...

I'm friends with the designer of the Scrappy Triangles and I have printed them out and not made a single one!!! Just saw her this weekend at a quilt retreat and admitted my lack of commitment. Scrappy stresses me out!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~