Thursday, July 05, 2007

Baby quilt and more on the Doll Quilt Swap






Wow, it has bee a busy couple of days. I just have to say that I celebrated my holiday (the Fourth of July) with my family. I spent most of the day working on this baby quilt top that you see in the photos. It turned out so cute. The sun kinda washed out the colors so once I get it back from the quilter I will try to do better with the pictures. Please let me know what you think. It is the first time I have tried a 3-D thing. A friend is having a baby girl in September so I wanted it finished.


Now, I have to tell you that my doll quilt arrived with Natalie at the Chicken blog. She absolutely GUSHED over it, *blush*, she sure said some awfully nice things about yours truly and the quilt. Please go to her blog and see the beautiful pictures she posted there. Her cat gave it the cat seal of approval too. You can see the label there too, as I couldn't put up before. If I can find my photo I will edit this and show you myself.

I went to Shipshewana, Indiana today with my DH, and my friends Yuki and Hiro (her DH). I promise I will post photos tomorrow I am too tired to do any more tonight.

2 comments:

sophie said...

Shipshewana! I'm jealous.

The baby quilt is adorable. I've never seen 3-D bows like yours. I can already envision how sweet this quilt will be wrapped around a baby.

As for that doll quilt and Natalie's reaction, stop blushing. It's a fantastic quilt and you deserve all the praise!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

That baby quilt is precious, I just adore the 3-D elements. The baby (and Mom) will love it. The chicken doll quilt is great, please tell me how I can access Natalie's blog. I would hope she gushed...

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~