Saturday, August 21, 2010

I'm Going On A Trip and I'm Taking My...

Do you remember playing that game? One person starts with "I'm going on a trip and I'm taking my________________(fill in the blank). Then the next person repeats what the first person says and adds whatever they are taking. It's a great ice breaker game.

Anyway, I'm really going on a trip with my DD2 to Traverse City. I haven't been there in a long time and it is so beautiful. It is kind of a dreary day here but hopefully it will be nice there. I spent all last night (after the torture class at the gym) preparing for our trip. Groceries, food prep, laundry and of course house cleaning. Why is it I feel better leaving with all the laundry done and the house clean? My kids call me a "clean freak" but I'm not really.

DD2 is participating in her first Triathalon. She needs to pick up some kind of packet tonight and we have to be at the course between 6 and 7am tomorrow. I sent DD1 off to a bridal shower and DS is still in bed (lucky him!) I went and weighed in this am and lost 0.4 pounds. I seem to be up a little, down a little but not able to push past this point. I am hoping the Friday night torture class will help with that. Hmmm, maybe I should just be more diligent about what I put in my mouth, eh?

DD2 wants to go to the beach and I would like to stop at at least one quilt shop on our way up. There are a zillion wineries there too so maybe some wine tasting? We'll see how we are on time. DH is due home from Canada tonight too. He was trying to figure out if he can meet us in TC, so will see how that works out for us.

I am, most likely, not going to post again until Sunday or later. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Faith said...

Hope you have a lovely break and a great time. Good luck with the Triathalon

Micki said...

Sounds like some fun activities!
Micki

Mary-Kay said...

Good luck with the race. There's a shop hop going on up there but I think it ends today. Oh well, you can still visit the shops anyway. The Quilting Bee is in TC and Renee's House of Quilting is in Ames and there's a shop in Interlochen and Cedar. I don't know how close the last 2 are but I thought I'd let you know.

Crispy said...

Have a wonderful day!! Sometimes just maintaining your weight for a while is a good thing then when you break through you will keep loosing....I have faith in you :0)

Crispy

Allie said...

Have a great time Pam - good luck to dd!

Denise :) said...

Have a great time!! :)

Quilt n Queen said...

Good Luck Kelsey. Have a great time with DD and a safe trip home.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~