Monday, October 14, 2019

Fall Camping

We went off camping last week
 (likely our last outing for the year).  
I packed up the boys and Chris got the camper.  
This is how Finny rode the entire way 
( almost 3 hours).


While Cole just relaxed in the passenger seat on "his" pillow.  
It is a half yard of fleece filled up with my teeny tiny scraps and 
batting cut offs that I can't use for anything.  


I thought you all might enjoy a few photos of our camper.



 I stepped out one day and saw my Sparty mat covered with fall leaves.  
Pretty photo!


In the previous photo you can see the pet tent set up sans the pets.
Here they are enjoying their tent while we enjoyed a campfire.


Chris seemed to like the great outdoors as much as the boys!


One afternoon we stopped at Tony's for Tacos.  SO GOOD



There is a fruit market close by that had amazing produce!
Cabbages and Cauliflowers bigger than my head!




The gourds and squash were all outside and looked so pretty.


No trip is complete without stopping at the Bittersweet Quilt Shop.



My haul.  
I ended up back there two more times for a friend that wanted more of the star print on the bottom.


If you need some too,  here is the selvage information.  Bittersweet no longer has any though.


The boys enjoy hanging out on the couch watching the birds and the leaves fall.



We also stopped at Northwoods (because of course we did) and I met up with Big Foot.


Finny likes to lay on the bed and ask for pets every time you walk toward the bathroom!


Chris set up my sewing table.
I managed to get all the blocks sewn for 2 Double Slice quilts!


And Finn thought it was a fine place to hang out.


 Cole just laid down next to me 


Until it was dinner time and the I got the stare down.


I think this pretty much sums up our extended weekend. 
It is going to be great when we can do this more often!

Is it retirement time yet?
10 more months! 
(but who's counting?)

~XOP~


5 comments:

Terry said...

So glad you take your pets along with you. You have a great set up for them. Looks like a lovely weekend.

Connie W. said...

The fall colors around your 5th wheel are just terrific! Good job on the photographic work. My husband and I recently returned from months of traveling some of the New England states in our 5th wheel. I like the look of your sewing area. Isn't it nice to have some sewing/ guilting handy when we travel?
Connie @ c_s_wolfe@yahoo.com

Susie said...

What a wonderful vacation and to see all the leaves falling. We used to take our two cats (who were in door cats as well) on holiday and people thought we were mad, however they loved being away with us. Thanks for sharing and the quilt shop looked wonderful. Hugs, Susie xx

Ioleen said...

Welcome trip. The fall colours are awesome. Chris, Finn and Cole seem to love the outside. Nice finds at the quilt shop.

KaHolly said...

Sounds like the perfect little getaway! I’ve always thought it was so cool that your cats join you on your travels. I love the pet tent! You’re going to love retirement, I can tell!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~