Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Wedding Makes

I wanted to share a few of the things I made for the wedding too.  
First up is the Pennant I made for one of the little boys to carry as he walked down the aisle.


At the Rehearsal he was so happy to wave it and walk.  


He walked with his mama during the wedding and did an amazing job.


Next up was her veil.  She and I had picked out some Tulle for this.  
It was a soft ivory color.  
I folded it in half length wise and used a plate to cut a curve at the bottom for both corners.


I gathered the other end using 2 lines of gathering stitches.  
Then I pulled the thread to make it gather in to fit the comb I bought.


You can see the comb and how it looks here. 
I just hand stitched between the comb to attach it to the curved inside, 
then when flipped around it was perfect!


I tried it on for length so I could send her a photo and make sure it was right.


We ended up cutting off one of the layers so you could see the back of the dress better.


I made a hand fasting cord, which I think I talked about previously.  
I did not show the charms as I wanted that to be a surprise for the bride and groom. 
 The braided cord was made from my wedding dress, my mom's wedding dress and some ribbon.


On the groom's end of the cord were charms representing him and them.  
He went to Appalachian State, his dog, Max and the wedding date, a mountain charm 
(he grew up in the mountains) a hammer to represent that he is an architect, and an NC State charm (they met there and both did grad school there).  
On the bride's side, her cat Mitch and the wedding date, a charm with fish scales 
(she is a fisheries biologist for the state of NC), 
a heart that says "True love stories never have endings", 
with their initials and wedding date on the other side, 
and a MSU charm as that is where she went to college. 


Also, a Miraculous medal of Mary that she bought when she was 10 at Notre Dame in France.  
My SIL had it blessed by Pope John Paul II and I saved it to give to her "someday".


I made her a garter, but she was not planning on wearing one.  
She didn't wear it but will have it as a keepsake.  
The outside was made from my mom's wedding dress, and I cut out some of the lace to put over it.  The inside was from my wedding dress.  
I sewed a blue flower on it.  
The top and bottom lace was new.



 This updates you all on all the things I made leading up to the wedding.
I was happy to make all the things, but am happy to get back to normal sewing again too.

~XOP~



3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Truly personalized mementos made with love for a momentous occasion celebrating love: the charms are so special, no detail was overlooked! Well done, Pam!!

Judy in Michigan said...

If and when I get married again, I will ask for your assistance. You have the best ideas and also are so talented!! Hugs.

KaHolly said...

Wow! You made some very meaningful treasures!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~