Wednesday, October 02, 2019

What To Do With Leftovers?

As I said in my post yesterday, I had LOTS of left over triangle units.  
I also had too many of the white base units cut. 
 I did not want to show what I did with the quilt left over triangles until it had been gifted 
but I can share now.

I made a pair of pillow cases using the triangle units for the cuff.


Here they are folded up.
Of course I forgot these at home so will need to bring them with me next time we visit.


Hmmm...that didn't use up nearly enough.  
I thought I should make a baby quilt and 
when I went to do that I realized I needed to make a few more.
No problem, I had LOTS of the bases left over too.  
This is pre border.


I added an aqua border to this one as it felt more like a baby to me.


Close up.  I still need to quilt this but at least I used up all the gray triangle units!


Oh, but there were still SO MANY base units left.  
I showed this before but could not really talk about why I made it so here goes.  
I used up the left over base units making this baby quilt.  
I had been cutting and cutting up my vintage sheet hoard so 
used some of the squares to make this quilt top.  
Somehow though, it needed more color.  
I decided to use colorful borders for this and I love how it came out.  
It would have been good with colorful bases and white triangles too but 
I needed to use what I had cut already.  


So tell me, do you like these? I need to quilt them both.  
If you want to make a VS one and have the pattern, 
I have squares I can sell you as a pack to make the triangles.  
If you want the same borders I have sheets you could choose from too 
(although not the one in the photo).  
Just shoot me an email (mamaspark@gmail.com) . 
The pattern is called Minimal Triangles.  

~XOP~


2 comments:

Betty C said...

Good job.

KaHolly said...

I do like them!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~