Monday, November 01, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Yep it's that time of year. The wonderful Amy over at Amy's Creative Side is hosting her annual Blogger's Quilt Festival. Which quilt to choose, which one? Hmmm I was reading a blog where the person said the one she finished last was always her new favorite. I feel like that sometimes too. I did have a recent finish of a top but I forgot to take pictures before sending it to the quilter! I digress. I think I am going to share my Mermaid Quilt.

Mermaid quilt
I just love this mini quilt! I promised a mini quilt for a quilt auction and this is what I came up with. I had bought this mermaid pattern many years ago with some others. Now I have no idea where the other mermaids went but I love this one. I may need to go on a mission to find them. I also have no idea who the artist is, if I knew I would just buy more! If anyone else knows maybe you can share it with me! I sent her off to the auction. As it turns out I loved it so much I bought it back! I even quilted this one myself so don't look too closely!
I did all of the embroidery by hand and I really enjoyed doing that. I strip pieced the back too just for a little added interest.
Mermaid embroideryQuilting on mermaid back
Both of my daughters were swimmers and always pretended to be mermaids when they were small. This kind of reminds me of my girls. I hope you enjoy seeing her too!

8 comments:

Melaniemmacdonald said...

Lovely!!!

Quiltbenaco said...

Molto simpatica!
Nell'insieme il quilt รจ molto fine!
Ciao Domenica

Brenda said...

Very sweet quilt. My two youngest daughters were swimmers. Started out in the all age swim team and moved continued on to the high school swim team. Middle tried some other sports but the youngest stuck to it.

Joanne said...

That is so cute !! My gr-dgtr wants to be a mermaid when she grows up ... I will have to show her your lovely quilt. Hugs to you

Allie said...

Glad you did this one Pam, I love it! I have a friend whose daughter made herself a mermaid tail, then went swimming in the local pool - the video was a hoot, then she went to Hawaii and made quite a splash there as well! Fun, fun.

Crispy said...

A great choice to show case Pam. This is such a cute quilt!!

Crispy

Sandra said...

What a charming quilt, it has such a vintage feel. I'll bet if you do a mermaid stitchery search on google and/or ebay, you'll find more.
Thanks for sharing.
Come see my antique 1890 schoolhouse quilt
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com/
or my black/white/pink scrappy miniature
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Very simple, pretty and nice vintage quality to it.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~