Thursday, November 04, 2010

Halloween

I guess with all the other stuff happening I forgot to tell you guys about my Halloween. I LOVE Halloween!! A party was planned for the evening before Halloween (a Saturday). First though was an open house. I think I forgot to say the party was at LTW's farm! So the open house invite was extended to all the people she quilts for to come and see her new digs as well as her machine. I had taken Friday off to go to her place and help her with whatever she needed so we baked and made food. Then after I got home I made more food. Here are a few pictures from the open house.See the pumpkin cake and those little rice krispie pumpkins? I made those. And the little tarts? I made the crusts.
Quilter's Open House Halloween Party 10-31-10 018Quilter's Open House Halloween Party 10-31-10 004
These are some of the women in my Wednesday night quilt group.
Quilter's Open House Halloween Party 10-31-10 008Quilter's Open House Halloween Party 10-31-10 007
Our friend, D, stitched this beautiful quilt for LTW, then LTW quilted it (not knowing she was the intended recipient! She did a beautiful job!
Quilter's Open House Halloween Party 10-31-10 015

After we got all the quilters on their way, it was time for me to make some additional Halloween fare. I made a graveyard cake, some Mexicali dip (non Halloween) and a few other things that got put outside for the party. It was pretty awesome. LTW's parents helped me with all this too.

Quilter's Open House Halloween Party 10-31-10 016
I have only a few pics from the evening party though and I think they are on my work computer. Guess you will have to wait for those!

Today I met my friend Cori, (Crazy Quilt Girl) for breakfast, before I can't have anymore food! Then she dropped me off and PTM picked me up and we went to JAF. I got some material to make some Christmas pillow cases. I'll have to show them later though as the colon prep is beginning to work, LOL. Wish me luck!!

XOP

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Will be thinking of your tomorrow. It will be fine. Everything will be fine. The pumpkin cake is so cute! I managed to post 5 days in a row thanks to you! Your gonna love your dinner tomorrow!

Allie said...

That looks like a great party - LOVE the quilt! What a nice surprise. Good luck tomorrow - remind me to send you Dave Barry's Colonoscopy Journal AFTER!

Vickie said...

Looks like a wonderful Halloween party! Goodluck!

Joanne Lendaro said...

LOVE the quilt!! Looks like everyone is having a great time!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~