Friday, November 19, 2010

Layer Cake Quilt Along

My Wednesday night quilting group is participating in the Layer Cake Quilt Along going on over at Moose on the Porch. I thought I would share some of their first blocks with you.
Group photo of our block 1
Aren't these great? I love that there are so many different layer cakes being used here too.

I did manage to finish my second block but I made a few changes. Soiree doesn't really have a lot of "lights" so I used white. I really like how this block came out. I haven't done the Jelly Roll second block but am planning on trying to get it done this weekend. It had a plain center so I embroidered a little something in the center. I couldn't put it together without having that finished.
My LCQAL block2
PTM and I had a little excursion today and I will tell you about that tomorrow. Time for a little quality time with my DH right now.
XOP

5 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I'm working on this one also. I just love seeing how blocks can look so different depending on the fabric.

Thanks for sharing.

Billie

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The layer cake blocks are great!

Staci said...

How much fun for you to have a group doing this together!

Irina said...

they're great block! it must be fun to have a group to share this quilt along!
I'm doing it too and I'm working on the second block at the moment...

Gari in AL said...

I really like your LCQA #2. I don't like mine too much so I may do it over so it will be as good as your.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~