Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Post Thanksgiving Let Down

I was wondering if any of you are feeling a little let down too? It's always the same, isn't it? A rush to get something done and then a little tiny let down. I'm kind of feeling it today. I did manage to get some laundry done. I watched the MSU game and I finished 3 blocks. It's now dinner time and that isn't a lot to have accomplished in an entire day now is it??

Want to see my blocks? One is the second reindeer block I am doing for our Christmas get together with the Plymouth Piecemakers. I really love how it came out although it is difficult to see them in this photo, they now have eyes.
Christmas Reindeer heads finished

I am doing the 12 Days of Christmas BOM and I got the stocking block(s) done today too. One for me and one for LTW
Christmas stocking 002Christmas stocking 001
I have a baby quilt to finish, the one with the plus symbols all over it. Then I have all those cardinal wall hangings to finish too. I need to transfer designs to some towels for Christmas gifts. My ultimate goal is to finish up the machine stuff and get my sewing room put away. I know I keep saying that but I am a little closer right now. I had DS carry 2 bins down the basement (those things are HEAVY!!) Well, off I go to make a turkey sandwich and maybe work on one of those wall hangings!! Have a wonderful evening, I'm planning on it.

XOP

9 comments:

jackiero said...

Oh how I can relate! I awoke yesterday just feeling down, so I found myself uba busy to lift my mood. I don't think it helped, but how I tried + oodles of prayers. Today is a different day, I feel blessed and happy. I hope you do, too.
:) Jackie in NC

Vickie said...

After anything big I always come down with what I call a funk! Sometimes it takes me two or three days to pull myself out of it! I usually have to surround myself with what I love most my family!!
I absolutely love your blocks!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Hey... pop over and help me make this *Roman Emperor* costume for my son. Today he let me know about it, and it has to be ready for Wednesday! My post-turkey lull will have to wait.
*panic*

Brenda said...

Love the blocks! Have only crocheted on the Grandsons afghan a little this weekend. I need to get at it the Christmas present projects tomorrow. I got some Christmas shopping done yesterday and went out and got a little more done today. I have been working on putting up the Christmas decor this afternoon. I am in the middle of putting the lights on the big tree but taking a break. Hubs does not do Christmas decor so I am on my own. We live back in the woods so we do not bother with any outside decor. Sometimes I get a wreath put out on the door. I do not think I am long at this job today though because my feet are starting to swell and hurt, time to put them up.

Elaine Adair said...

Not a letdown after Thanksgiving. I am so thankful the cooking/eating is over and I won't have to cook for a few days, and usually have 4 days off for sewing.

Love the blocks. 8-))

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Those reindeer can cheer me up Pam! Cute! And I've got my BOM's cut out but not put together. I've been distracted today.

Allie said...

Nope, no letdown here - after Christmas, when I contemplate how much of winter is still to come, but not for this holiday. Maybe because there is still Christmas to look forward to.
Love your blocks!

Paula said...

I like the reindeer block. Very cute, and I really like the fabrics Stocking 12 days of Christmas BOM.

If you would like you can enter these in my sewing challenge blog here at, Paula's Sewing Challenges, and you could win a little something, something.

Hope to see you there soon.

Crispy said...

Yep I get the same let down feeling, usually when I'm doing the dishes from the big meal. All that work for 1/2 hour of eating and then it's done.

I love the look on the reindeer faces...too cute!!

Crispy

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~