Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Shipshewana Purchases

Well, what's a trip without a few purchases right? I finally got around to taking some photos today. Unfortunately a few of the fabrics I bought are already cut up and put into some projects so I don't have any left to show you! Here are the fabrics I got.
Shipshewana purchases 11-10 003Shipshewana purchases 11-10 001
I got some more reds and aquas for a quilt that I am planning on making soon. More about that later. The Tidings, I just LOVE these fabrics. I have already cut up some of the lime green and intend to use some of the red, for bindings.

I showed you this quilt finished but I bought the pattern too. The WH was enlarged but this is the name of the pattern for anyone else that likes it as much as I did. It's by Laundry Basket Quilts, called Special Delivery.
Shipshewana purchases 11-10 005

The night I got home I went over to PTM's because we need to make a block (or 3) for our Plymouth Piecemaker's Christmas party. So I had bought some of the Winter Grafix line that had the swirls on it while in Shipshewana too. I thought it would make awesome background for the blocks PTM and I were going to make. So I used what I needed and she will be using the rest for her blocks. So some fabric in and right back out! I got the reindeer fused, now I need to stitch around them and then do the embellishments. Wanna see them? OK, but just remember that they are not finished yet, so you will probably see them again once they are finished.
Reindeer blocks 002Reindeer blocks 001
Aren't they cute? Ok I'm off to work on them.

Hair appointment at 4, going to Sam's to get new tires for DD2's car then home to bake pumpkin pies! Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, those of you that celebrate!!
XOP

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Nice fabrics! Love the Reindeer and the backing fabric, I've never seen anything like it before. I have started my jello salad, baking the pumpkin bread and the pies are next. So looking forward to the long weekend! Happy Thanksgiving to you also.

Ashlawnfarms Rag Quilt Creations said...

I have been to Shipshewana! I last went with my grandmother whom I quilted with back when I started. This was around 1996 when she and I were there. Would love to go back and visit there soon!

SewCalGal said...

What fun. Beautiful fabrics. I have that pattern too and can't wait to make it. Of course, I'd also love to see AccuQuilt come out with a die to create that tree as I'd use it many more times than what I will do with manually cutting it (very detailed cuts).

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Crispy said...

Pretty fabric, love the blues :0) The reindeer are adorable!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving my friend!!

Crispy

Vickie said...

What a haul! Love the fabrics! I love the swirly fabric with reindeer! How sweet!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~