Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shopping With My BFF

I know you are all waiting to hear about my trip to Frankenmuth but first I know you all want to hear about my shopping trip with PTM right?? We left early in the am on Friday to go to Checker. We had placed a pre order so we were going to pick that up but you know that we will also get a few "must have" items. So I will take you through my purchases.
My first pre order is a Kona Color card!!!! I am so excited about this purchase!
Checker purchases 11-10 006
Right? Who wouldn't love this? I also got these amazing patterns as well as the piping tool.
Checker purchases 11-10 005Checker purchases 11-10 007
There are also sample cards and I got a few. They had some with my favorite peacock line by Allison Jane Smith. I am so in love with this line!!
Checker purchases 11-10 002
I got some samples of Anna Maria Horner's violes too. SWEET!
Checker purchases 11-10 001
Then there was this Lincoln fabric. Not really my style but my last name is Lincoln so I bought the sample cards so I could make a log cabin quilt some day for my DH. I would call it Lincoln Logs!! OK, SOMEDAY!! Don't hold me to that for awhile.
Checker purchases 11-10 004
Last but certainly not least I bought 2 bolts of fabric. One is Kona medium gray and the other is a Denyse Schmidt Hope Valley print. I plan to use some on the back of a quilt I have swirling around in my head using those prints. I will probably sell the rest in ETSY or trade some to PTM. I think she bought 4 bolts. I really need to take you on a tour of her basement. She could literally open a shop! It's amazing. I love her basement!!

So much for my being a good girl right? Oh well, we had fun and I will use both colors. I'm off to do some cleaning and laundry and hopefully get some sewing done today as well. Have a wonderful Sunday.
XOP

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like some wonderful loot. I am having trouble with the charter e-mail and could not answer a note you sent when I had the time. Want to let you know that I will talk to friends I am going on the road trip with. I am not doing any of the planning the friend's aunt that we are staying with, 70 something in age, has made a lot of plans for us. But maybe when the charter people come and figure out what is going on with our computer problems we can exchange phone #'s and see if there are any opening in that weekend when we get there. I'll also see if I can get a little itinerary info in the mean time.

Needled Mom said...

It looks and sounds like you had a great shopping experience. That Kona card would be fabulous!!!!

Allie said...

I think you should BOTH open a shop, wow!

Lucky-1 said...

OMG I so love the Lincoln fabric. When Amy was in Washington 2 years ago, she brought me home a keyring of old Abe......it was my only request for a souvenir from her holiday.

Unknown said...

You scored some really great goodies! Sounds like you had a blast.

I went to Frankenmuth about 10 years ago and would love to go back.

Annemiek said...

I rest my case..*lol*!!!!

Vickie said...

Way to go Pam! What great fabrics!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~