Sunday, November 14, 2010

Under Pressure

I'm feeling a little under pressure lately. I have sooo much to get done before putting my machine away and it is making me so anxious. I had a good day today, cleaned the bathroom upstairs, did laundry and then I got to sew. Remember how I told you I cut one of those cardinal wall hangings out of Merry and Bright? Well, I finished it along with another one out of Winter's Song fabric.

Cardinal wall hangings 001
I also made backs for them both. In addition, I made a back for the reindeer table runner that is going to my swap partner so that can go to the quilter too. I cut out one more cardinal WH from the layer cake and then made some scrappy binding for the table runner. Isn't it pretty??
Reindeer binding
Then I cut as many "coins" out of the rest of the layer cake and that took care of that!

I traced an embroidery and will tell you about that tomorrow, since it is for a purpose too.

DH made some butternut squash soup for dinner and it was soooo good. I have to weigh in tomorrow and I suppose that is what is uppermost in my head at the moment. I'm a little down about that. I tried so hard all week and my scale tells me I am up. I don't know what else to do. I will be so happy this challenge is over for me tomorrow. I just need a break. I am going to continue to work on losing the weight but, once again, NO PRESSURE!!

My good friend, Yuki is returning to Japan at the end of the week. It is amazing to think that she has been here for 3 years already. Time went by so quickly! I am going to miss her sooo much too. Another reason to be a little down, I guess, although, truthfully, I think the weigh in is weighing most heavily on my mind at the moment.

Well, I am going to get going and finish the laundry and get ready for work in the am. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
XOP

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Think of your overall weight success and smile!!

Ariane said...

I love your two Christmas wall hanging tops. They are gorgeous!! Love them.

Vickie said...

I love both the cardinal quilts! I really like the Merry and Bright one! Goodluck with your weigh-in!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Look at the brighter (and lighter) side... you've come so far. Celebrate the victories all along the way. Love those adorble wallhangings!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your cardinal wall hangings are great!! Don't let the pressure get to you - you have lots to celebrate!!

Crispy said...

I agree with Mary!! Both cardinal quilts are lovely :0)

Crispy

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I love both the cardinals..I would love to make them as gifts.

You've been busy, and I've been away from blog reading.

You've done so well with your weight loss! Celebrate that!

Pat

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~