Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I'm just about ready to begin the food prep for our Thanksgiving dinner.  I was able to work on that project I have been teasing you all with too and although it is not finished yet, it is at a stage where you will now know what it is.
I would like to introduce Ruby Turkey!

Turkey Ruby

I need to stitch all the dresdens down and stitch all around him as well but that can wait for now. I love him and am excited to share him with you. I saw Mary's and new I wanted to make one too but in non-traditional colors. I need to figure out something for a border too, and since it is a rectangle I may cut some of the top and bottom off to use for a second one (yes I have enough, just barely to make a second turkey using a plain back.) The pattern can be found here at The Missouri Star Quilt Company. I would love to know what you guys think of him. I considered making him into a peacock for DD1 but maybe using terrain or some other line with purples in it. It was super easy to make (as you can tell by how quickly mine came together!) Although I had a little help.

Aiden and the turkey

Aiden and the turkey

Aiden and the turkey

So there you have it, my Ruby Turkey. I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!! Take a minute to be thankful for family, friends, health and having the things you love in your life (maybe even the trials and tribulations as they make us into the people we are today!!) I am thankful for all of you my dear blog friends!! ~XOP~


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute turkey (and cat). Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Denise :) said...

Oh my, he's DARLING!! I thought from the pic before that the points made great plumage, but it didn't occur to me that this was a fancy, FANCY turkey! Too cute (and as Angie said, so's the cat)!! :)

Gill said...

I love Ruby Turkey and I think a peacock would also look great (in blues and greens of course!)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Happy happy Thanksgiving Pam! Ruby Turkey is beautiful and will grace your home for many more Thanksgivings!

Impera Magna said...

Ruby Turkey is a beauty and sure to make an appearance yearly for a long time!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Faith said...

Happy Thanksgiving from here in England too, I love Ruby Turkey and all the coloursx

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Turkey feathers and cat fur...great combination!

Happy Thanksgiving to YOU too!

hugZ,
annie m.

Poppyprint said...

Oh my gosh, I hadn't seen those dresden turkeys. Hilarious!!! Happy thanksgiving to you.

Melinda said...

What a great turkey - I really like Ruby Turkey!

Vickie said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you! Ruby is wonderful!
Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love Ruby; your helper is pretty darned cute, too! Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and yours, Pam~

Anonymous said...

I love your turkey!

Teresa in Music City said...

I'm in love!!! Thanksgiving may be over, but I've gotta make one of these adorable turkeys!!! Thanks for sharing!

MollyP said...

That is one sassy turkey! I never would have guessed. And let me tell you, that godfather fat cat helpin' you out will soon rule the world.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~