Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bee Blocks and Flooding in Grand Rapids

I finished the last of the April blocks for Bee Vintage.  
She asked for these woven blocks.



The pattern is on the Moda Bake Shop called Simply Woven.  
You can find the pattern here.  
It was not a difficult pattern to make but to only make 2 blocks it was difficult to figure out how much of each strip to cut. 
 I also had the first block made and did the second cut only to realize that I made it in the wrong place!  
Oh well, I just made another one. 
 LOL 
I guess that will teach me to pay attention. 
 You have to pay attention to what you are doing or it would be really easy to cut wrong.

I told you I would share about the flooding in Grand Rapids too so here are some of the pictures I took while I was there recently.


The Grand River


This barn was in trouble!


This was just past the barn, at a park.


If you look closely in the center of the photo is a street sign, Like "children at play". 
 It is almost completely submerged. 
 I am guessing it is a 6-8 foot sign!!! 
 It was CRAZY!


We saw many houses along the river that were flooded too. 
 It reminds me of the rain song from Winnie the Pooh

"and the rain rain rain
came down down down
in rushing rising rivlets

till the river crept right out of it's bed
and crept right into Piglets!"

I hope those folks were ok!

I hope you are having a good weekend.
I help hubby do some cleaning in the garage, until he became Mr Grumpy Pants.
Then I cam inside to clean and do laundry!

I am hoping to get into my sewing room today.
I emptied yet another bin. 
(How many is that now anyway?)
I need to put all that fabric away and get another one.  

I will take a picture before I put it away just to show you.

~XOP~


1 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh my, I didn't realize that the Grand flooded like that. I'm sending my other half out to the garage today and not even going to step foot out there. I do enough in the house....he can do the "man" work (even though I would do a better job ROFL).

Crispy

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~