Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Where Did My Weekend Go?

I don't know if any of you work full time but I do.
I work as a research scientist at the University of Michigan.
This means that I cherish my weekends even more as my week days are spent at my job.
I try really hard to clean and do errands on Saturday so I can sew on Sunday.
This past weekend I wanted to get the Christmas things put away.
Then my son got really ill.

He has multiple blood clots in 4 of the veins in his right leg.
He also has multiple PEs in both lungs.
We ended up at the ER on Friday with an overnight stay in the observation unit.
That turned into his being admitted on Saturday because of the pain.
They put in a IVC filter to stop new blood clots from reaching his lungs.
This was my view from his room.


I slept in this couch thing on Saturday night in his room.  
He asked me to stay with him.  I think he was scared and did not want to be there alone.  


He was finally able to go off the Morphine and graduate to Norco so we could go home on Sunday.
This was certainly good news.  
Unfortunately, I am still having to give him his Lovenox shots 2x/day.

We brought him to our house on Sunday night to stay with us a few days.  
We will probably take him back to his house tonight.  

I did manage to get to the grocery store and to make some food for myself for the week for lunches.
I made this 2 ingredient flat bread and it was so good! 
 I used the 2 ingredient bagel recipe but made 10 balls that I rolled out.  
I sprayed the pan with some EVO and made them on the stove top. 
 These are only 1 SP per bread and they are amazing!


I also made this Chicken Taco Soup that is 0 SP!!!


Of course there were a few SP for the cheese.  
This was delicious!  
The recipe is by Slap Dash Mom.


I need 2 more days off work to catch up.  
Anyone have some to spare?  
I have looked longingly at my baskets that need to be put together, 
but that's about all I have had time to do.  
Maybe tonight.  

How was your weekend?

~XOP~


10 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Wishing a speedy recovery to your son Pam.

Mary-Kay said...

Wow! That sounds painful. Here's to a speedy recovery for you son. Poor guy.

dianne said...

sheesh!!! seriously, SHEESH!!!

hang in there, little mama...

DianeF said...

So sorry to hear about your son. I hope he recovers soon. It's so hard to watch a loved one suffer. Bless you both. I wanted to thank you for your encouragement when I started my journey of making a quilt last spring. I took a class, made a king-sized quilt and just finished making matching shams. It's because of your blog that I was enticed into the quilting world! Thanks so much.
Diane F in Colorado

Betsy "Flannel Fairy" Beech said...

So sorry to hear about your son. I had the same experience with my late husband after his cancer surgery. Prayers for all of you!

Ioleen said...

Good news that your son is out of the hospital. Best wishes to you and all your family.

Dots said...

Wow! Praying for your son. I imagine anyone would be scared with that condition. Plus, add pain. But I pray for his complete recovery and for his peace of mind. Glad he has caring parents to help him.
I want to try that flat bread. It looks good.
So sorry you had to go back to work after all that. Take care of your health, too. God bless.

Angie said...

Hope your son feels better. Maybe this weekend will be better!! Stay warm.

mtquilter said...

I can certainly sympathise. My son has severe RA and he has episodes occasionally that end up with him in the hospital. Plus once a month we drive 120 miles one way for his infusions. That takes a whole day. Just thankful I'm retired so I can help him out. Hope your son is feeling better soon!
Wish I could sent you some extra sewing time!
Can you share the 2 ingredient flatbread recipe? I'd love to have it! :)

Rebecca Grace said...

So sorry to hear that you had to go through that with your son, Pam! That must have been terrifying. I'll be praying for his complete healing and recovery.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~