Sunday, January 31, 2010

Slowly Returning Mojo

As I was deciding what to work on today, Jack was busy head butting the snowman pillow. He does this to me at night and often sleeps with his head like that up against mine!
Jack and the man 02
I decided to finish cutting the blocks for the redwork for Rabbits Prefer Embroidery, so I did. Then I traced all the embroidery for the 8 blocks I had not traced yet. I had to stop when it was time to go to the grocery store. DH and DD1 were working down the basement doing some MUCH needed cleaning. It is more than a one day job. In fact it is so bad I will NOT take any pictures for the blog until it is cleaned up! No, I mean it!! Don't even ask!!

Finally got back home and put all the food away. Now what to work on? Well, The Replacements was on and I love that movie, so I sat down and watched the end of it. Groan, now I really did need to get moving. I had several UFO choices (mild understatement) which one? Which one? The "water" quilt won out. I made it once before and cut another one at the same time. I loved how it turned out and wanted to do another one someday either for DD2 or for me!! The pattern is from this book by Evelyn Sloppy.
40 Fabulous Quilts
I will give you a peek at the beginning.
Water Quilt beginning
You can see all the fabrics and the photo of the quilt as it appears in her book. She used red, black and cream. I will use blues, greens and white. I know you are dying to see what the first one looked like, right? I changed the border a little bit but here it is.
Kate's quilt
This was a graduation quilt for one of DD2's friends (that she is no longer in touch with, *sigh*). What do you think? Sweet, right?? I really do love this quilt and all the water types of fabrics that I used. I may even have enough to make it larger so it will fit my queen size bed, who knows?

I hope you all had an enjoyable, productive weekend too. Yeah, my Mojo seems to be slowly returning!!

8 comments:

Laural said...

Oh wow! I love that quilt!!!
Glad to see your mojo is back!

Shari said...

The 'water' quilt looks great! To have it cut and ready to go was a great idea to help kick-start the new year... good luck with all your gym work!

Denise :) said...

I like to hear your mojo is on the uprise! Next time, instead of thinking of it as 'no mojo' think of it as restorative time...LOL! Your Jack is a doll. Lucky lady! :)

Jocelyn said...

Wow, great quilt. I love that book!

Crispy said...

Oooo Love the pattern and your choice of fabrics!!

Crispy

Maggey and Jim said...

I think it is really nice and the colors just flo. Yes it would look nice on a bed..
Maggey

Mrs Quilty said...

I love that quilt...the colors are so happy and bright! You are on the way to getting that mojo back, way big time! Good for you!

Allie said...

Well I'm glad your mojo is returning, I've killed mine. That water quilt is really lovely, Pam. Does Jack put his head up to you for you to kiss it? My Ginny used to do that. She always wanted a kiss right between the ears and would bump me til she got it.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~