Monday, October 29, 2012

BFF's and Keeping Busy

I want to thank all of my great blogging friends for all of your kind words and stories and prayers.  

I'm sorry if I have not responded to each of them but I read them all.

I was talking about Jack to someone and told them I was going to take him on Friday
 but I decided I wanted one more night. 
 He slept in his usual place, with my arm around him with his purring us both to sleep. 
 He got up in the night to potty and only made it just off the bed so I carried him in to the bathtub.  
On Sat he couldn't even get on to the couch by himself. 

 You can see how peaceful he was here.


 And how thin here


It was the right thing to do but oh so difficult.

My two BFF's Cori and Pauline tried to cheer me up on Friday night.  
Cori called saying that Pauline offered us to go over to her house and sew.  
I thought we should bake some cookies.  
Everyone feels better with warm cookies right?  
So Cori and I stopped by the store and got some pre formed cookies and baked them up.  

See that pan?  
It's a Woopie pie pan and it is GREAT for making "deep dish" cookies!!


These are some pretty special friends, I tell ya!  
It was Cori's anniversary and she spent it with us. 
 I can tell you right now I was NOT very good company.  
I guess your friends grieve with you. 
 I am blessed to have you both as my friends.  
Thank you!

I did manage to finish the binding on my son's Halloween Quilt. 
 This is the third one of these I have done and now have used up all my Halloween flannels!



 You can see the Halloween quilting on the back!



  I did bring the quilt inside and folded it up and went to get some paper towel to have with me for cleaning up my stamp. 
 This is what I found when I returned.

Little Miss Autumn all snuggled under the quilt!



I just stamped it and wrote on it with her underneath!
 

The four cats remaining at home rallied around me for the weekend, but it will just take time.

~XOP~


11 comments:

Rachel said...

HUGS!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Im so sorry about your friend Jack. He was special for sure.

Teresa in Music City said...

So sorry for your loss! We've lost one in the past year too and it is so hard to get over! It sure helps that you have some purry friends to cuddle with and quilty friends to comfort you. What more can we ask for? Hugs & Blessings!

Michele said...

Yes it does just take time. I'm glad you had friends nearby to help you through this. Big hugs.

Quilt n Queen said...

Time will heal, but you will have memories forever! So glad you and Cori came over...it's been quite some time since we had a sEw night. The cookies were good...forgot the buttermilk at Cori's. Thanks again, I'll have to put a sting on my finger to remember to bring it home tomorrow. Have a great evening!

Irina said...

Hugs & Blessings!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

You are blessed! Hugs!

Sheila said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jack.

Sara said...

I would of come over to give you some hugs if I could!! Love ya girl!

Katie M. said...

Sometimes being a responsible pet parent really hurts. Thank you for being a responsible pet parent. And caring friends who understand your pain = Priceless.

Denise :) said...

Your Halloween tumbler quilt is really cute. Glad the rest of the felines are snuggling in and staying close. :)

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~