Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Quilt #532

I have been trying to decide which quilt to enter into the Blogger's Quilt Festival and 
finally settled on Charmalade.   
Many of you have seen this quilt over at the Moda Bake Shop
where I did a tutorial on how to make it.



Funny story, I took this quilt with me on vacation to Petosky, MI and had to apply the binding.  
I got the binding all done and thought it would be fun to photograph it 
in a beautiful setting near Lake Michigan. 
 It rained almost the entire time we were there and was incredibly windy.  
For the above photo I hopped out of the car, flung the quilt over the fence, quickly snapped 2 pictures and wadded the quilt back up and threw it in the trunk. 
 I was frantically hoping one of the 2 pictures would be "the one".  
This is the one I used and I love how it came out.


 I quilted feathers in the snow portion.  
I'm not sure you can tell but I used light aqua thread.


 I quilted straight lines down the colored lines and out into the border.  
My LAQ, Liz did the circles in the colored border.


If you know me you know that I have 5 cats, so everything has to be "cat approved".
 I think if Jack felt he could nap on it it must be good enough to stay!


 I love this photo as it looks like he is claiming it all for himself!


So this is Charmalade
A charm pack friendly quilt made using Marmalade.
If you want to make one too, please check out my post on the Moda Bake Shop.
If you stop over to the MBS, leave me a comment over there and let me know!

 

Bloggers Quilt Festival Stats:

Size is 56" X 68"
Technique: Pieced
Quilted by me on my friends long arm machine and my domestic machine, 
and one border by Liz Bowman

Quilt # for voting is 532

Best Category:  Best Lap size quit, best pieced, or Viewer's Choice


16 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Charmalade is beautiful Pam! Great pattern.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

The quilting is amazing on this. So pretty!

Rebecca said...

Your quilting is fantastic! Beautiful quilt!

Alison V. said...

I love this quilt! I am planning to use this pattern for a baby quilt before the end of the year!

Rachel said...

It's beautiful and so is he :-)

CitricSugar said...

The quilting on this is so gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Just beautiful, quilting is fabulous!

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I loved seeing Jack! A kitty approved quilt is the best!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Yep, just as pretty the second time seeing it. Great quilt

Jocelyn said...

This quilt is so beautiful. I love the colors!

serendipity said...

Beautiful quilt. The quilting is wonderful.

Denise :) said...

Beautiful, Pam!! :)

Judy said...

I voted for that beautiful quilt!

tusen said...

It's lovely and the quilting makes it even more beautiful.

Kate Brown said...

So very beautifully done and your kitty looks just so happy on it :)

sonia said...

Beautiful quilt and pictures and it's a great addition to the heading on the blog

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~