Monday, October 22, 2012

Christmas Fence QAL Progress

I finally had some quality sewing time and got all 42 of my blocks made.  
How are you progressing with yours? 

 I did have some help though = )



As I was cutting and sewing along I realized that perhaps, 
just perhaps, 
I might have enough left overs to make an additional 7 blocks, for a total of 48!!! 

 I would have to piece the outside colored part, but I was pretty sure I could do it.  
(you would only need 6 unless you are using Blitzen too.  
With Blitzen there is one fabric that matches the sashing so I didn't want to use it).  
I managed to get 6.  

BUMMER!


Then I put my thinking cap on and you know what?  
Necessity really is the mother of invention!

TA-DA!



If I pieced all the little pieces, I could eek out one more block!!! 
YESSSSS. 

Thank goodness I carefully cut off the selveges or I would not have been able to do it. 

Although this means I may need additional sashing, sigh, it's always something!!

So here are my 48 blocks all stacked in color stacks.


I did work on my Holiday Lane project too but I can't show that to you yet. 
 I think you are going to LOVE it though. 
 I am having a blast making my non-pillow 
(and that's all I am going to give you!)  
You will have to stop back later when I have my assigned day!

How are you progressing on the Christmas Fence blocks? 

 I hope to lay mine out so I can sew them together soon too.

Happy Sewing!

~XOP~


12 comments:

Tina said...

Your blocks look wonderful! I just have to tell you that I really laughed when I saw the pictures of your kitty on your pieces. I have been scrambling to get a quilt top completed so I can get it to my LAQ - it is a Christmas gift for my hubby. Anyway, I had all of the pieces set out on the bed (there has got to be 200 of these) and sure enough my kitty jumped on the bed when I was out of the room and attacked them! I had pieces every where and had to start all over setting them out. Aarrggh! Laughing about it today - not laughing when it happened though!!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to tell just how Jack is feeling? While I love your projects, Jack is the one that stole my heart!

Darlene said...

Your blocks looks wonderful, wonderful. I wanted to play with you and then got sidetracked with Swoon. Dang it. Looks like a fun project and one I may do soon.

My Old Quilting Soul said...

Lookin' good! You got a lot done lady.

Mama Spark said...

Tina, thanks for the laugh!! My cats have done that too.

Anonymous, Jack steals my heart too. He is my special buddy and is never far from me. He is wasting away with this horrible kidney failure but still feels good enough to supervise!!

Linda said...

I haven't started my quilt yet. I have 5 Christmas quilts to finish before I can start on this one. I have three of them partially done and almost ready for quilting.

Anonymous said...

It's good that Jack still wants to supervise. Hopefully he will feel a bit better in time and want to help instead of supervise. Bless his heart, and yours for loving him like you do!!!

dianne said...

hey, girlfriend!!! just saw you on Moda Bake Shop - great explanation and illustrations!!!

maybe i'll get around to taking a picture of my QAL fabric today ... you are so far ahead of me i will never catch up!!!

Learn How To Make Quilts said...

Lovely, and I like seeing your help. I have a cat as well, but she loses so much hair, that it's hard to have her with me even in the house because my husband is allergic to them, although he loves cats. Does your cat not shed much, or do you just live with it? I wonder if there is something that would cause them to shed less. Anyway, I'm glad you get to have your companion.

Judy said...

Hi, I got my white around each block so far. Going to start the color around the edges. Wondering if it should be bright then more muted, then bright. I'm going to lay them out and see how it goes. I sure have a hard time with those 1/4 in. seams. Hope the next row covers up the imperfections.

Quilt n Queen said...

Way to go....all 42 blocks finished and 8 bonus blocks...you are like a human sewing machine. I haven't started mine yet. Still too many projects on my plate.

Faith said...

I love the designs and the coloursx

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~