Thursday, October 25, 2012

It Shouldn't Be That Hard

My life has been quite the roller coaster of late. 
 I will say this up front, this post doesn't have much quilt stuff in it so if you are looking for that you will need to wait a day or so.  
I need to talk.

Abbey relaxing by my Sparty bucket I bought.


First the fun stuff. 
 I went with 2 of my Wednesday night quilting friends to the
 Ann Arbor Modern Quilt Guild meeting last night.  
Let me just say that at first it was a little intimidating.  
All three of us thought the same thing. 
 I guess it's always hard to be new, right? 
 I liked the women and I liked what they were doing and proposing to do
 and I will definitely be going back.  
I really want to get involved in this and it seems like a good group.

I am working on a project that I thought might need some embelishments.  
What do you think of these?  
A little bling anyone??
                         

 I hope the person I am making this for LOVES it as much as I do!!


OK now here we go. 
 I really do need to talk. 
 I know a family that just lost their 25 year old daughter to cancer. 
We have known this family for the last 18 years. 
 The older daughter is the same age as mine, this was the middle daughter.  
One year older than my other daughter.  
They lost her 2 days before her 26th birthday. 
 I am so sad for their family's loss.

A blog friend has passed away recently too.  
She was only 47, also from cancer.
 
This makes me think about my own mortality.



 My cat, my FAVORITE cat, is in kidney failure, and he is rapidly declining.  
He has become so very thin and just this morning not acting like himself.
  I can barely think about it without bursting into tears.  
My hubby left for a week long trip and said his goodbye to Jack and 
his parting words to me this morning were,
 "Don't let him suffer".  

My heart is breaking.



I am trying to juggle my work, my family and 
seeing/helping my dad and sister every 2 weeks (who are 2 hours away.)  
I am kind of an emotional wreck right now even if I don't show that to you.  

I am trying to focus on my own mental health at the moment. 
 So please forgive me if I am not my usual self for a little while.  
Quilting is only a part of my life, not my way of life.  
Lord knows I am just as insecure about my work as you are about yours!! LOL.

With all the death and dying going on around me right now, 
you may not want to be too close anyway!  
Thanks for understanding and please keep Jack and me (as well as my dad) in your prayers.  

I am working on my productivity and hope to have the QAL quilt put into rows soon!

How are you all coming along with yours?  
Tell me what you are working on, your success stories, friends, take me away!!  
HAHA!!

~XOP~


25 comments:

MB in MI said...

Sending prayers for you and yours...

Jodi said...

Oh, wow, you have it coming at you from every direction. I'm at a loss as to what to say...
tears came to my eyes as I read your post in compassion and understanding. I said a prayer for you for comfort and peace that will sustain you through this valley. xo

Saska said...

Life is so full of unexpected things. We never know what is around the corner. Jack is a sweetheart...I noticed him before I noticed your quilts a LONG time ago!
Don't forget to take care of yourself...coming from a person who had to hit the Ctrl/alt/delete button this morning...life just needs a re-do sometimes.

Ruth said...

As a woman who lost both her mom and her mom-in-law over the summer, I can tell you that it's hard. You get through it, but it's hard. So be good to yourself and hang in there.

Laura said...

I have been a little consumed with my own life lately, too, so I can understand what you are going through. I have no words of wisdom, but please know that I am keeping you in my prayers and the families of your friends, too.

Katie M. said...

I can understand tough emotional times. I have had some serious challenges just this past week and I turn to my faith in God. I trust He has his reasons and I WILL get through this.
As for things I'm working on - I was commissioned to make quilts from a family's clothing. One for each of the 4 kids (now adults)from their clothes that mom has saved through the years and a quilt for mom from the scraps from the kids' quilts. It's been an interesting project but not sure it's something I care to do again :-) Different types of fabrics, stretch to shiny and not to mention kids T's with Puff Paint.....

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

You are in my thoughts Pam.
Working on finishing last year's Ghastlies that I am selling.
Take care.

Gwen said...

Prayers for you and the families of those you mentioned. Take care.

Monica said...

*Sending a virtual hug your way*

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for all you are going through. Do be sure to take care of yourself mentally. If nothing else, just take ten deep breaths several times a day. As for Jack, please do what your hubby said and don't let him suffer. It will be very hard (I can so relate), but he can't suffer. We will all be with you every step of the way, caring for family and Jack.

dianne said...

girlfriend ... we are a piece of work, aren't we?!? i swear, sometimes i really have to think hard to come up with something for my gratitude journal that isn't food or grandchildren related ... i am sending out requests to Spirit for you and yours - so remember to keep your arms open wide to hold all of the good stuff when it happens...

give Jack a hug from his auntie dianne ... you've done everything you can for him and (you're not gonna want to hear this) you need tell him that it's okay for him to go...

dianne said...

girlfriend ... we are a piece of work, aren't we?!? i swear, sometimes i really have to think hard to come up with something for my gratitude journal that isn't food or grandchildren related ... i am sending out requests to Spirit for you and yours - so remember to keep your arms open wide to hold all of the good stuff when it happens...

give Jack a hug from his auntie dianne ... you've done everything you can for him and (you're not gonna want to hear this) you need tell him that it's okay for him to go...

krislovesfabric said...

You and your family are in our prayers, sorry for all the "stuff" piling your way! Jack cat looks so like our Kitty,...I send hugs his way too!

Tonya Ricucci said...

all difficult. Giving you hugs from here. Sweet Jack. give him lots of love.

Sandy D said...

My Thoughts and prayers are with you.Anyone who has lost someone close knows what you are feeling.

Jenny said...

Sorry Pam for all the sad news. Thinking about you

Rachel said...

Hugs and prayers!

Michele said...

Please don't apologize for making your like and your family a priority over this blog. We'll still be here when you feel like coming back. I understand your situation with Jack. I remember when we went through the same thing with our almost 18 year old fur baby.

Sara said...

Oh I don't know what to that will heal all the burdens away. I will say a prayer or two or three for you in the next few days---weeks whatever the Lord sees fit. This will make you an even stronger and wiser soul Pam...just really sorry you have to struggle in the present.

Hugs infinity friend:):):):)

Marlene said...

Sending hugs across the ocean.

Susan R said...

You do what you need to do Pam. Just remember we are all here for you.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. No words can make it better, but sending thoughts your way.

Denise :) said...

A rough season ... sending hugs and prayers your way. :)

Quiltluver said...

Thinking about you and all you're going through. Praying you have the strength to get through this.

Faith said...

Oh bless you Pam, Im thinking about youx

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~