Wednesday, September 03, 2014

WIP Wednesday

I decided that I wanted to work on my Kitty Mini quilt over the weekend. 
 I made significant progress.  
I thought I would share that with you.  
I just need to hand turn the binding and label it and it will be ready to send to my swap partner.  
I sure hope she loves it too!!


I had LOTS of help!


I spent  part of one day doing the quilting. 
 I opted for straight lines at varying distances.  
I used masking tape to guide me with the lines.  
Then I did a free motion heart around the heart in the center. 
 I had to cover up the names of my partner and her cat (that's what the white bits are in the cats)


I used a Cotton and Steel tiger print for the back.  
The quilting shows up much better in this photo.



I just have the binding and labeling left to go now and this one will be ready to go!

This swap was a lot of fun and I hope we can do another one down the road.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.

~XOP~


2 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Turned out fabulous. It will surely be appreciated.

margaret said...

I loved this when I saw it the other day and still love it such cuties

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~