Monday, February 03, 2020

A Little DNA

I decided to get back to working on my science quilt. 
I am planning on gifting this so I need to get it finished.  
The DNA piece looks like the block with the most teeny pieces so I decided to tackle it first.  
My friend Mary of Quilt Genius is the designer of these amazing patterns. 
 I decided to make the neucleotides in Blue-Yellow and Green-White.  
(to show ATGC).  

I did this much on Friday night after work.


So yesterday I got the entire DNA strand finished.  
I still need to put it in the frame and make the desk but the hard part is now finished!


I have a class to learn more about my embroidery module on Wednesday.
I'm so uncomfortable with this, so need to get into it more.

Leaving for a quilt retreat on Thursday at Creative Passions with 2 of my friends.
I will take pictures this time and tell you all about it when I get back.

Have a great week friends!

~XOP~


2 comments:

KaHolly said...

So clever! And it came out wonderfully. Enjoy your retreat and make sure you share! It’s so great to have a get away, especially when it involves a sewing machine.

Karen said...

I LOVE it!! As a plant geneticist, my heart is so proud of your accomplishment.

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~