I have been working on another pattern test for Meags and Me.
It is called Trick-Or-Treat and it is adorable!
It is a group of Trick or treaters.
I decided to "build" the appliques using an applique sheet.
I couldn't find my Godess sheet so I used some small sheets I have to do it.
When the applique was too large I used some of the fusible paper.
You can see in the photo that I taped the original to my light box.
I put the applique sheets over the drawing.
I then placed the fusible pieces where they went.
It was SO nice using this system to get the placement just right.
Several times I had to lift the applique sheet to my ironing board to fuse them put back on the light box.
Here you can see the "built" applique.
These are the other children.
You can see that I have them placed over the original drawings.
They fit exactly.
In the next 2 pics you can see the "built" applique on my ironing board.
The nice thing about building the applique is that I can pick them up and they are intact.
I was able to lay them out on their background and fuse them.
So rather than try to guess about placement,
I could place the while child and move as necessary.
I have placed them on their background but not stitched them down yet.
I also have not taken any additional pictures, LOL.
I am using this fabric to complete the quilt.
Unfortunately I did not realize my fabric choice means I will need to pattern match.
The width of the design is ~50" so since my fabric runs horizontal I will need to piece it.
I am not a huge fan of pattern matching, so this has been pushed to the back burner for now.
I would change fabrics, except I based all the colors on the vignette fabric.
Oh well, live and learn!
Going in for my third radiation treatment today.
Only 10 more after that!
Peacock painting up next so please stop back!