Sunday, July 17, 2022

Bjorn Bear

My Niece and her husband are expecting their second baby.
They found out it will be a boy.
I had all the stuff to make the Elizabeth Hartman pattern, Bjorn Bear.
I used a Grunge for the background and a FQ bundle of cross weaves for the bears.


 If you look closely, 
you can see that I used fabric from each bear face in a strip along the bottom in the binding.


My quilter, Liz, did bees all around the bears.
They turned out so cute!


She did bear paws in the outer border.
I love it!


I had some bear Minky in my stash, but needed just a bit more, so my SIL cam to my rescue.
She had some that she let me use.  
I was even able to pattern match those cute bear faces.


I LOVE these labels from Ever Emblem for labeling.
So quick and easy!


I sent along some more burp cloths.
That bear one was made from left overs of the matching sheet I sent along with the quilt too.


This is the bear sheet, finished.
That lion backing goes to another quilt that has not been gifted yet. 


I mailed off the goodies to my niece.
She has received them so I felt I could now post about them.

Have you made an Elizabeth Hartman pattern?
There are a lot of pieces but her directions are very good!

~XOP~





1 comments:

Judy in Michigan said...

I agree, lots of pieces but well worth the result. Her directions are wonderful. I made a small quilt with 4 Pandas and then a matching pillow with just 1, using the scraps from the quilt. Well received by my niece and her little girl. Amanda Panda!!

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~