Friday, July 22, 2022

Shipshewana, Angola, and ME

**First know there is a photo you may not want to see of a fish hook in my foot**
It's farther down the post but if you are squeemish beware!!! 
It's after the picnic basket photo

**********************************************************************

We decided on a last minute trip to Shipshewana.  
We went on a Wednesday and it was SO crowded!
I'm thinking maybe it was the flea market.
  Note to self, don't go on Wednesdays!

I didn't get any photos except for this one, hahaha.
We went to E & S Sales and I found a TON of my favorite coffee flavor!!!!!!
Peppermint mocha.
Doesn't have to be Starbucks, just that flavor.
I was SO SO SO excited!


We did not stay long but we had a great time and I found some good fabrics for an upcoming project.

On the way home we stopped at a quilt shop in Angola.
The owner was there and she was super nice too.
There was quite a bit of the Windham Mendocino.


Chris went to the little antique shop next door and made me go in after the quilt shop.
He was very excited to show me something.
It was a very expensive Featherweight.
The booth it was in had LOTS of treasures including this quilt ladder.
Unfortunately it was not for sale. 
Chris was checking it out so maybe he can make me one!
Hey, I can dream right??


I was super excited to fins this green Elna.
While not an original "Grasshopper" she sure is a beauty!
When I get a hot second, I will work on cleaning and oiling her up.
She does run, so she will be my new project.
WAHOO!!
Chris was out of the dog house for buying me this for my birthday!!


There were so many Longaberger baskets all over this shop.
Chris found a great picnic basket with all the dishes and it was a steal! 
It even had the original flyer with it.
This gem came home with us.
I guess I need to make a picnic quilt to use with it now huh?


All was well until about close to bed time.
I was walking around barefoot in my family room and stopped on a barbed fishhook.
It had somehow been left in the carpet after Chris had been sorting through some of his fishing stuff.
Wait...did I say he was out o the doghouse?
Well, not anymore!
I foolishly let him try to pull it out with a plyers (not once but twice!) but of course that did NOT work.
Since it was after 10pm we headed to the ER.
Let me just tell you how much it HURTS when they inject Lidocaine into your foot!!!!!
They cut off the part sticking out and pushed it through to pull it out.
I'm ok now, but it was not a great night.
Do you remember my fall and stitches last year on the day before my birthday?
Maybe I just need to ignore my future birthdays.
Seems this is not a trend I want to continue!


Last up I went in and got my hair highlighted.
Looks so crazy when they are doing it doesn't it?


Ahhhh, much better!
So folks this is me at 63 no makeup, wrinkles and all, but with good hair,
 LOL


Have a wonderful weekend friends!

~XOP~



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~