Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Quilt Retreat

 Every year, to celebrate my birthday and my friend, 
Cori's birthday, we go to a retreat at Creative Passions.  
This year was no exception. 
 I went with my friend, Cori, my sister in law, Mary and our friend from WI, Traci. 
 We had a blast, as usual AND we were all super productive! 
 Win-Win! 
One of my goals was to finish making my Ocean Waves blocks. 
 I think I needed 36 blocks total and was down to my last 4.  
These blocks have a LOT of pieces so take me a long time to sew, but I got them finished.  
The quilt will be too large to try to lay out at retreat so I just opted to finish the blocks.
Here is one of the blocks.


I did finish an entire top but it was a super secret project so I can't share it just yet.
Trust me when I say you are totally going to want this new pattern!
It was a pattern test for Apples and Beavers.

We all took a trip to Seven Sister's Quilt shop as we usually do. 
 I bought a kit for the cutest Coo by Art East Quilting


Me and my sweet SIL


The people that own the retreat now have a new quilt shop.
We, of course, had to go visit that too.


It was a cute little shop!
I found some adorable fabric to use for lining a mondo bag!


Of course I brought Jack with me.
He so loves to hang out with us ladies!


We ended up in the basement of the house this summer.
Usually we are in the back side of the church but we had a date glitch.
The basement is where we usually go in February.
This is the set up we have there.


We had to try out the new Mexican place.
Check out that Margarita!


Since that following Monday was my birthday, this was the gift from Cori.
I use SO much white thread she gave me a whole pack, plus some pretty teals.
Also, that adorable bunny fabric!


Traci gave me this cute kit to make a hanging pod.
She knows me too well.
Look at that Heather Ross fabric!!


Traci brought us all a kit and me an extra kit.
I made mine, and Mary's and Cori's for them too.  
Then I made one out of the cutest cat fabric too, once I got home!


I am so far behind on my postings.
I hope to catch up soon though.
So much to share

~XOP~,



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day so much more special. Please, I invite you to share what you think. ~Happy Stitching~